I am a personal shopper. I have made a living shopping and selecting gifts for other people. I am good at it. I am especially great when I am both the purchaser and the recipient. I know what I like, and I am never at a loss for ideas. Jeff is lucky in that, since we have been married, he has not had to buy me a thing. I can handle the task myself and I am rarely disappointed. I prefer it this way. Buying my own presents is a slam dunk.
I have been wanting a great photo of all 6 kids for ages. The last family portrait we had made was when the triplets were 5 months old-- and that of course, predates Charlotte. I decided that this Mother's Day, Jeff is going to hit a home run by giving me an awesome image of the kids. The photos on the header of this blog are wonderful, but they exclude Mitchell and Amanda. I want a photograph that represents all the Slutsky kids, even if the oldest ones are not really kids.
Today, I was unfaithful to Jennifer Mullinax, and I do feel a bit guilty about that. Adam Queen of Adam Queen Images met us downtown and took the most amazing shots of the Slutsky crew. I wanted an urban looking, less posed, more photo journalistic style, series of photographs and I am pretty sure I got that, and more. Adam was so friendly, professional and artistic. The session went well and we got more than enough images to make my Mother's day rock the house.
Because I am impatient and Adam is proud of his accomplishment, I got these four sneak peek proofs this afternoon.These are just a tease of what I have to look forward to, and I can honestly say, I have not quit grinning all day.
Mother's day is a month away and Jeff is a hero in the making.
- ► 2011 (275)
- Herbs in the Burbs, Field Trip # 425
- Miss Trish of Capri and Me
- Dental Drama and Disney Preparations
- It is not all sunshine, rainbows and roses
- The Infamous Twin Sale where I am Famous and other...
- Preschool Party Arty
- A Blob about Sushi
- A Deer in My Headlights
- The Holiday Baking Company in Worthington
- First the Walls, Now the Driveway
- The Gala Art Gallery Opening for Dalia
- HIgh School Prom, the Past and the Present
- Pei Wei done My Way
- Will Play for Free Coffee
- Picture Perfect Playground Paradise
- My Bonus Kids
- Honoring the NICU alumni
- A Sneak Peek
- Child Labor is just Dandy
- 8 Green Thumbs
- Pollen Problems
- They are MY CHILDREN, NOT MY GRANDCHILDREN (...
- Jeff Slutsky is 54
- Gluten Free Bargains Everywhere!
- Dinner on the Deck
- The US Army and I have a lot in common
- ▼ April (26)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)