Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Sneak Peek

I am a personal shopper. I have made a living shopping and selecting gifts for other people. I am good at it. I am especially great when I am both the purchaser and the recipient. I know what I like, and I am never at a loss for ideas. Jeff is lucky in that, since we have been married, he has not had to buy me a thing. I can handle the task myself and I am rarely disappointed. I prefer it this way. Buying my own presents is a slam dunk.

I have been wanting a great photo of all 6 kids for ages. The last family portrait we had made was when the triplets were 5 months old-- and that of course, predates Charlotte. I decided that this Mother's Day, Jeff is going to hit a home run by giving me an awesome image of the kids. The photos on the header of this blog are wonderful, but they exclude Mitchell and Amanda. I want a photograph that represents all the Slutsky kids, even if the oldest ones are not really kids.

Today, I was unfaithful to Jennifer Mullinax, and I do feel a bit guilty about that. Adam Queen of Adam Queen Images met us downtown and took the most amazing shots of the Slutsky crew. I wanted an urban looking, less posed, more photo journalistic style, series of photographs and I am pretty sure I got that, and more. Adam was so friendly, professional and artistic. The session went well and we got more than enough images to make my Mother's day rock the house.

Because I am impatient and Adam is proud of his accomplishment, I got these four sneak peek proofs this afternoon.These are just a tease of what I have to look forward to, and I can honestly say, I have not quit grinning all day.

Mother's day is a month away and Jeff is a hero in the making.

8 comments:

The Wright Trips said...

WOW! I loooove those. Amazing. They are all great, but I think my favorite is the first one in front of the knight. The locations were great & the kids (in their adorable clothes) look so stinkin' cute! That is one good looking family.

Wendy said...

WOW... just W.O.W. Love them!

Aaryn said...

glad to know he is good, b/c i'll be using him Aug! I have to book my ticket, let me know if you'll be away any part of the month. I will most likely come in the beginning because of a wedding.

Christy AKA Trippin' Mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christy AKA Trippin' Mama said...

Amazing pics! And we all know what a tough job it is to take good pics of kids.

I found your blog through the Triplet Connection because I am looking for a Kettler quad trike. Any ideas where I can find one?

Christy

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

Aaryn- as far as I know we will be in town all of August so C'mon!

Christy- we actually bought ours on ebay, and then resold it on ebay. so that would be my first suggestion!

Now that craigslist is around I would try to check that too.

April said...

I LOVE them! I'm lucky one of my best gf's is a professional photographer, so I get a SUPER good deal, and they're like these, photojournalistic, urban. When I get back to VA after the triplets are born she's doing all of their NB pics for free as a gift. Yippee! I can't wait to see the rest of yours!!

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

April, click on the link to Jennifer mullinax and check out her newborn portraits. Your jaw will hit the floor. She has triplets and the newborn photos of her own are great but take a look at all the other sets of triplets too.

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter