Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Bonus Kids

It was called to my attention that this is a family blog and that I do not shout out to Mitchell and Amanda as much as the younger kids. Fair enough. It is true. Amanda is away at college and she does not give me much blog material, and Mitchell is mortified of the blog and regularly mocks me for writing it.

That being said, I do have a great relationship with both Amanda and Mitchell. I have watched them become solid citizens. I can depend on them when I need back up child care, an opinion, a shopping partner in crime or even an ear to listen to my latest hair brained schemes.

The added benefit of having good looking bonus children is that people assume they are MY Kids. Ha. Ha. Ha. Of course, we do look as if we are related,





but honestly, I am in no way old enough to be their biological parent. No way.

This is my official blog post dedicated to the best bonus kids around.

2 comments:

April said...

Well I totally thought they were yours! Are they adopted? Or your stepchildren? They are gorgeous just like rest of your family! I have two stepsons who live with their mom. But I am super lucky to have them as a part of my life!

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

I got Mitchell and Amanda as a package deal when I married Jeff. Since their mother died I did not want them to call me mom because that was too weird for them, and I detest being an evil stepmother, so Bonus Mom and Bonus kid it is!

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter