Thursday, April 1, 2010

The US Army and I have a lot in common

Remember the Army slogan that said, "We do more before 9 a.m. than most people do in an entire day?" On most days that is totally me. Aside from acting like a drill Sargent and preparing meals for a crowd in the mess hall, I get an early start to the busy day.

I got up before 6:00 a.m. and walked Lenny, showered, got myself dressed then decorated all four kids. We were out the door by 7:30 to take Argenida downtown for her 8:00 class. I schlepped all four kidlets to Whole Foods in Dublin. We did our fair share of grocery shopping, tasted some samples and bought some breakfast snacks. Eli took this photo of mein my vintage Pucci dress. By 9:00 the children were playing in the cafe and I was content to just sit in a booth and watch them


while drinking the most delicious 20 ounce caramel latte.

Eli drew a duck.
The other blackboard creation was a portrait of me, labeled MOM and signed by Eli. I left it up there and was pretty proud of his creative work.

By 9:45 we picked up Argenida downtown and met some friends for a play date at Schiller Park in German Village. The 6 four year olds, *triplets and twins* plus Charlotte had a blast on our scenic tour of the grounds. There were snacks on a curb,





and plenty of photo opportunities along the way. It was a picture perfect morning and it looked and felt like spring.

My super snarky plan to exhaust my children before noon was a total success. On the way back to the van, both CJ and Natalie tried to "rest" on a bench
so they could make it all the way to the parking lot. These poor kids are simply wiped out from all the fresh air and excitement. I practically had to drag them out of the park.

At noon, I met Amanda and took her with me to the Jeffersonville outlet mall. We needed a few things that justified the trek and time. Amanda drove so I could return some phone calls and emails along the 52 mile trip down I-71 South. I had a few worthy coupons that were expiring and I was able to maximize my money BIG TIME. I was marching through the stores on a bargain shopping mission. Hut two, three, four.

It was a long day that covered about 125 miles of territory. My game plan for the rest of the week includes: a logisitc launch in the library, a barrage of the backyard, peacekeeping in the park, and salvaging my sanity. The Army of Helene is in full swing. Here is my new mission statement for Spring and Summer:

I don't know but I've been told, you never slow down, you never grow old!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you dress the boys in pink and the girls in blue! Babette

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

Thanks Babette, it turns out that Natalie's favorite color is blue and Eli's is pink.

We have stereotypical gender benders in our set.

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter