Attention parents of older multiples and larger family readers:
I fear I will be partially deaf by next year. I need some reassurance that things are going to get quieter rather than louder in sound, like the last four and a half years.
When the babies came home from the hospital it was really rare that all three would be crying at once. Sure there were moments but overall, it was a peaceful time noise wise. They cooed so softly, their music was a sweet lullaby, and the did not play with toys or use random objects as instruments.
Now. there are few moments of silence, usually when they are asleep. During normal business hours it is non-stop conversation, talking over one another, arguments, whining, laughing, squealing, chasing, singing, shouting, and of course, the daily Poopy Diaper Band performances.
As you can see they are adding props, kitchen utensil microphones, and costumes to the show. CJ loves the Chinese hat that our friend Leil bought them when they were born. It is complete with a long braided pony tail and it adds so much to his drumming and dancing, right?
These photos and videos will be shown in the Bar-Bar-Bat Mitzvah video- FOR SURE!
It does not help that I enabled them by providing musical instruments. Bad move, I know, I know. Live and learn folks, live and learn. Parenting is a work in progress. For those newbies that are reading my blog- DO NOT BUY ANY RECORDERS, HARMONICAS, or TAMBOURINES no matter how discounted they are at Target.
While these days are precious to me in some ways, there are other ways in which I am suffering. As a full time parent to four kids so close in age I believe I am losing my hearing.
C'mon veteran multiple moms, weigh in and let me know if things are at the loudest now or is it going to escalate as they get older. Speak up, I can't hear you. What did you say?
- ► 2011 (275)
- Field Trip #421, The Anthony Thomas Chocolate Fact...
- Field Trip #420, visiting our NICU friends
- The Craft Craze Continues
- Sisterly Love and Laughter
- The Definition of Clean
- Getting Ready for Passover
- The Slutsky Rabbis
- Charlotte the Model
- Preemie Babies are Not Meant to be REBORN
- It is about CJ and it is PERSONAL TO ME
- Next Time Won't You Sing with Me?
- Field Trip #415--part two
- A Sneak Peek at Spring
- Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day
- Field Trip # 415- A demolition adventure
- Field Trip #414
- I am an Enabler
- Tinker Toys are Tinkering with Me
- There's a Starbucks in My Jacuzzi
- Nana and Papa arrive
- My Cute Cubby Corner and other Home Related Fantas...
- I reached my Parenting Goal
- Hooked On Phonics- the Urine Edition
- Conserving and Cutting Back
- The Real Housewives of Franklin County- The Hebrew...
- Costco is my Social Life
- I love my job
- Proud Moments
- I'll be deaf before I turn 42
- Binge and Purge
- ▼ March (30)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)