Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'll be deaf before I turn 42

Attention parents of older multiples and larger family readers:

I fear I will be partially deaf by next year. I need some reassurance that things are going to get quieter rather than louder in sound, like the last four and a half years.

When the babies came home from the hospital it was really rare that all three would be crying at once. Sure there were moments but overall, it was a peaceful time noise wise. They cooed so softly, their music was a sweet lullaby, and the did not play with toys or use random objects as instruments.

Now. there are few moments of silence, usually when they are asleep. During normal business hours it is non-stop conversation, talking over one another, arguments, whining, laughing, squealing, chasing, singing, shouting, and of course, the daily Poopy Diaper Band performances.


As you can see they are adding props, kitchen utensil microphones, and costumes to the show. CJ loves the Chinese hat that our friend Leil bought them when they were born. It is complete with a long braided pony tail and it adds so much to his drumming and dancing, right?
These photos and videos will be shown in the Bar-Bar-Bat Mitzvah video- FOR SURE!

It does not help that I enabled them by providing musical instruments. Bad move, I know, I know. Live and learn folks, live and learn. Parenting is a work in progress. For those newbies that are reading my blog- DO NOT BUY ANY RECORDERS, HARMONICAS, or TAMBOURINES no matter how discounted they are at Target.






While these days are precious to me in some ways, there are other ways in which I am suffering. As a full time parent to four kids so close in age I believe I am losing my hearing.

C'mon veteran multiple moms, weigh in and let me know if things are at the loudest now or is it going to escalate as they get older. Speak up, I can't hear you. What did you say?

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Helene,
I'm right there with you! I've even resorted to raising your hand at dinner if the noise level gets to jet plane decibles!
We also have a ton of musical instruments, but not because I bought them. They were all gifts because it is assumed that a music teacher and his wife would love to have their own band!

Babette said...

I'm deaf after watching the videos. But I had a mute button! Bwahahahahaha

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

I am now wearing ear plugs while cooking in the kitchen- SERIOUSLY

The Husband said...

What?

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter