Back when we discovered we were expecting triplets, there were some of Jeff's colleagues and friends that felt the need to point out the age difference between Jeff and his babies. When Charlotte arrived this same sense of mathematics resurfaced and we continued to play the game- when Charlotte is in Kindergarten, Jeff will be 58, blah, blah, blah.
From the very beginning of our journey I have had one parenting goal with Jeff. I told everyone,
"I just wanted my kids to be out of diapers before Jeff was in them."
I was serious then and I am serious now.
I am proud to say publicly that I achieved that all important milestone. Charlotte is wearing panties full time now and all the kids are completely potty trained. The triplets are night time trained too, so only Charlotte is wearing a diaper or pull up at night. The last few nights she has been dry in the morning, so we may just roll with letting her wear underwear at bedtime too, but I need to be more certain that she can do it. I want her to be proud of her accomplishment and not set her up for failure.
You see folks when you start the parenting gig with very few real expectations you are not disappointed. I wanted my kids to grow up happy, healthy and loved that is a standard rule, but the only other stipulation I had was that they be out of diapers before Jeff was in them. WE MADE IT! My Parenting goal is Golden.
Now the real question becomes, what grade with Charlotte be in when her father starts wearing diapers?
- ► 2011 (275)
- Field Trip #421, The Anthony Thomas Chocolate Fact...
- Field Trip #420, visiting our NICU friends
- The Craft Craze Continues
- Sisterly Love and Laughter
- The Definition of Clean
- Getting Ready for Passover
- The Slutsky Rabbis
- Charlotte the Model
- Preemie Babies are Not Meant to be REBORN
- It is about CJ and it is PERSONAL TO ME
- Next Time Won't You Sing with Me?
- Field Trip #415--part two
- A Sneak Peek at Spring
- Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day
- Field Trip # 415- A demolition adventure
- Field Trip #414
- I am an Enabler
- Tinker Toys are Tinkering with Me
- There's a Starbucks in My Jacuzzi
- Nana and Papa arrive
- My Cute Cubby Corner and other Home Related Fantas...
- I reached my Parenting Goal
- Hooked On Phonics- the Urine Edition
- Conserving and Cutting Back
- The Real Housewives of Franklin County- The Hebrew...
- Costco is my Social Life
- I love my job
- Proud Moments
- I'll be deaf before I turn 42
- Binge and Purge
- ▼ March (30)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)