Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I reached my Parenting Goal

Back when we discovered we were expecting triplets, there were some of Jeff's colleagues and friends that felt the need to point out the age difference between Jeff and his babies. When Charlotte arrived this same sense of mathematics resurfaced and we continued to play the game- when Charlotte is in Kindergarten, Jeff will be 58, blah, blah, blah.

From the very beginning of our journey I have had one parenting goal with Jeff. I told everyone,


"I just wanted my kids to be out of diapers before Jeff was in them."

I was serious then and I am serious now.

I am proud to say publicly that I achieved that all important milestone. Charlotte is wearing panties full time now and all the kids are completely potty trained. The triplets are night time trained too, so only Charlotte is wearing a diaper or pull up at night. The last few nights she has been dry in the morning, so we may just roll with letting her wear underwear at bedtime too, but I need to be more certain that she can do it. I want her to be proud of her accomplishment and not set her up for failure.

You see folks when you start the parenting gig with very few real expectations you are not disappointed. I wanted my kids to grow up happy, healthy and loved that is a standard rule, but the only other stipulation I had was that they be out of diapers before Jeff was in them. WE MADE IT! My Parenting goal is Golden.

Now the real question becomes, what grade with Charlotte be in when her father starts wearing diapers?

2 comments:

Nothing shocks me anymore... said...

That is awesome! CONGRATS! Too bad you will not feel it in the budget... Once the formula is out the door, then the diapers... you still never notice a bump in the checkbook! lol

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

Right- we just hemmorage money elsewhere

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter