There are certain things I adore. I love a good bargain, and when I find one I am just giddy with excitement. Likewise, when I stumble across designer clothing at a rock bottom price, I snarf it up regardless of the size because as a personal shopper I can find someone who will buy it when I resell it.
Some folks shop out of necessity. I shop for a living and I love my job. It is all in a days work for me. I get into combat mode at the sight of the selections, I do not answer my phone, I do not make eye contact, I am there for business. It is purely sport with financial gain. I tend to look the bargains and calculate my profit margins while I am filling up my shopping cart.
Yesterday, I hit the mother load. I hauled out of Filene's basement with so many treasures that the cash register ran out of receipt paper midway through the 158 item transaction.This is my first of four receipts. There were three cashiers open and not once while I was checking out did any other customers get into my lane. I was clearly going to take too long for the average patron.
It was a euphoric high like no other. I wanted to inventory my purchases and start getting it sold as I exited Sawmill Road onto I-270. I swear my colon was spazzing out I was so thrilled. I got home and poured myself a very cold Vodka martini, and I sat in my office just grinning at the stacks of stuff,the bags and bags of goodies, The original retail prices and the four receipts.
There are days when I think about getting a real 9-5 job and there are days like yesterday when I can't imagine why anyone would want to work doing anything else. I love my job, I really do.
Note to Aaryn- if you are wondering why the blog is being updated sporadically this week, now you know. I am in complete selling mode.
I'll be back in a day or two when I come up for air, and more Martinis.
- ► 2011 (275)
- Field Trip #421, The Anthony Thomas Chocolate Fact...
- Field Trip #420, visiting our NICU friends
- The Craft Craze Continues
- Sisterly Love and Laughter
- The Definition of Clean
- Getting Ready for Passover
- The Slutsky Rabbis
- Charlotte the Model
- Preemie Babies are Not Meant to be REBORN
- It is about CJ and it is PERSONAL TO ME
- Next Time Won't You Sing with Me?
- Field Trip #415--part two
- A Sneak Peek at Spring
- Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day
- Field Trip # 415- A demolition adventure
- Field Trip #414
- I am an Enabler
- Tinker Toys are Tinkering with Me
- There's a Starbucks in My Jacuzzi
- Nana and Papa arrive
- My Cute Cubby Corner and other Home Related Fantas...
- I reached my Parenting Goal
- Hooked On Phonics- the Urine Edition
- Conserving and Cutting Back
- The Real Housewives of Franklin County- The Hebrew...
- Costco is my Social Life
- I love my job
- Proud Moments
- I'll be deaf before I turn 42
- Binge and Purge
- ▼ March (30)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)