Thursday, March 4, 2010

I love my job

There are certain things I adore. I love a good bargain, and when I find one I am just giddy with excitement. Likewise, when I stumble across designer clothing at a rock bottom price, I snarf it up regardless of the size because as a personal shopper I can find someone who will buy it when I resell it.

Some folks shop out of necessity. I shop for a living and I love my job. It is all in a days work for me. I get into combat mode at the sight of the selections, I do not answer my phone, I do not make eye contact, I am there for business. It is purely sport with financial gain. I tend to look the bargains and calculate my profit margins while I am filling up my shopping cart.

Yesterday, I hit the mother load. I hauled out of Filene's basement with so many treasures that the cash register ran out of receipt paper midway through the 158 item transaction.This is my first of four receipts. There were three cashiers open and not once while I was checking out did any other customers get into my lane. I was clearly going to take too long for the average patron.

It was a euphoric high like no other. I wanted to inventory my purchases and start getting it sold as I exited Sawmill Road onto I-270. I swear my colon was spazzing out I was so thrilled. I got home and poured myself a very cold Vodka martini, and I sat in my office just grinning at the stacks of stuff,the bags and bags of goodies, The original retail prices and the four receipts.

There are days when I think about getting a real 9-5 job and there are days like yesterday when I can't imagine why anyone would want to work doing anything else. I love my job, I really do.

Note to Aaryn- if you are wondering why the blog is being updated sporadically this week, now you know. I am in complete selling mode.

I'll be back in a day or two when I come up for air, and more Martinis.

No comments:

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter