We have been doing home school worksheets all week. The kids are learning to write their letters, sound out their letters and recognize letters everywhere we go. Even Charlotte is singing and signing the A-B-C song. There is not a billboard in town that we pass without sounding out and spelling the words. It is awesome to see how quickly they are learning.
Last night, as I was putting the girls in the girls' room, I told the boys to go to the bathroom and pee. I could hear them giggling which is never a good thing when they are in the bathroom. I snuck quietly into the hall and listened to them. They were shouting out how about the letter "T" now "L" now "X" as they were peeing into the toilet. I stepped a little closer to find out what they were reading when I realized, they were making the "T", "L" and "X" with their urine streams. The two of them were standing there criss-crossing around the commode making the letters by aiming the piss accordingly. Oh yeah, I was so proud.
I asked them what in the world they were doing and I must have sounded a little miffed. Eli said, "Mom you are just mad because Natalie can only pee the letter "I" right? Oh. My. GAWD. I was laughing so hard I thought I was going to pee. I hurried them into their room and tucked them into their beds. As we chatted before lights out, I mentioned that peeing the letters is good practice but that in the future they do not need to try to make "S" or "Z" because it would be too difficult. They both smiled at me as if they totally understood.
So when I look back at all the silly things these kids have done, I do not want to forget, hooked on Phonics the Urine edition.
- ► 2011 (275)
- Field Trip #421, The Anthony Thomas Chocolate Fact...
- Field Trip #420, visiting our NICU friends
- The Craft Craze Continues
- Sisterly Love and Laughter
- The Definition of Clean
- Getting Ready for Passover
- The Slutsky Rabbis
- Charlotte the Model
- Preemie Babies are Not Meant to be REBORN
- It is about CJ and it is PERSONAL TO ME
- Next Time Won't You Sing with Me?
- Field Trip #415--part two
- A Sneak Peek at Spring
- Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day
- Field Trip # 415- A demolition adventure
- Field Trip #414
- I am an Enabler
- Tinker Toys are Tinkering with Me
- There's a Starbucks in My Jacuzzi
- Nana and Papa arrive
- My Cute Cubby Corner and other Home Related Fantas...
- I reached my Parenting Goal
- Hooked On Phonics- the Urine Edition
- Conserving and Cutting Back
- The Real Housewives of Franklin County- The Hebrew...
- Costco is my Social Life
- I love my job
- Proud Moments
- I'll be deaf before I turn 42
- Binge and Purge
- ▼ March (30)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)