Saturday, March 20, 2010

Field Trip #415--part two

As you can imagine, CJ has been all talk about the demolished warehouse from field trip #415. He was seriously impressed by the magnitude of the destruction and wreckage. Construction can do that to a 4 year old boy.

On the way home from school I drove past the area to let the kids see the progress being made on the building. We went to check to see if it was "flat as a pancake" yet. The laborers and crew were putting on quite a show, so of course, being the rock star parent that I am, I stopped.

Just look at the punim on this kid? How could I not take 20 minutes out of my day to spark this grin?



The kids watched in awe again and I sat comfortably reading Wine Spectator and taking photos here and there. When the team began to tear the metal roof off of the building I decided video memories were in order.



I know CJ has this burned on his brain, but now, it is saved here for him as well. This time we were not the only ones in VIP seating.These guys were snapping photos on their cell phones and calling their buddies to come up and join them. I am a trend setter. We have been going on this field trip all week. Perhaps I should apply for a concession vendor permit? I am already serving juice boxes and gluten free snacks to three kids- maybe there is money to be made while the kids gawk and stare.

Free Field trips are my specialty.

2 comments:

Michele S said...

You are absolutely hysterical. That's my kind of field trip. F.R.E.E.

Anonymous said...

Is that next to The VA Hospital on James/Steltzer? Babette

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter