As you can imagine, CJ has been all talk about the demolished warehouse from field trip #415. He was seriously impressed by the magnitude of the destruction and wreckage. Construction can do that to a 4 year old boy.
On the way home from school I drove past the area to let the kids see the progress being made on the building. We went to check to see if it was "flat as a pancake" yet. The laborers and crew were putting on quite a show, so of course, being the rock star parent that I am, I stopped.
Just look at the punim on this kid? How could I not take 20 minutes out of my day to spark this grin?
The kids watched in awe again and I sat comfortably reading Wine Spectator and taking photos here and there. When the team began to tear the metal roof off of the building I decided video memories were in order.
I know CJ has this burned on his brain, but now, it is saved here for him as well. This time we were not the only ones in VIP seating.These guys were snapping photos on their cell phones and calling their buddies to come up and join them. I am a trend setter. We have been going on this field trip all week. Perhaps I should apply for a concession vendor permit? I am already serving juice boxes and gluten free snacks to three kids- maybe there is money to be made while the kids gawk and stare.
Free Field trips are my specialty.
- ► 2011 (275)
- Field Trip #421, The Anthony Thomas Chocolate Fact...
- Field Trip #420, visiting our NICU friends
- The Craft Craze Continues
- Sisterly Love and Laughter
- The Definition of Clean
- Getting Ready for Passover
- The Slutsky Rabbis
- Charlotte the Model
- Preemie Babies are Not Meant to be REBORN
- It is about CJ and it is PERSONAL TO ME
- Next Time Won't You Sing with Me?
- Field Trip #415--part two
- A Sneak Peek at Spring
- Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day
- Field Trip # 415- A demolition adventure
- Field Trip #414
- I am an Enabler
- Tinker Toys are Tinkering with Me
- There's a Starbucks in My Jacuzzi
- Nana and Papa arrive
- My Cute Cubby Corner and other Home Related Fantas...
- I reached my Parenting Goal
- Hooked On Phonics- the Urine Edition
- Conserving and Cutting Back
- The Real Housewives of Franklin County- The Hebrew...
- Costco is my Social Life
- I love my job
- Proud Moments
- I'll be deaf before I turn 42
- Binge and Purge
- ▼ March (30)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)