Call me crazy-- but sometimes I just luck into my hair brained adventures and field trips. Most of the time I actually plan our days, but being spontaneous has its advantages.
On the way home from school, we watched as the construction equipment demolished a old storage facility. This site was perfect for educating three, 4 year olds about construction. I realize that my kids absorb all kinds of knowledge from every possible source, so I could not help but pull the van over and let them gawk and stare at the total carnage and wreckage of this warehouse.
We found a parking spot and I let the kids sit on top of the hood of the van
to get a closer look at the amazing show. CJ needed to be down on the ground so he could concentrate and be right in front of the action.
If they had sold tickets we would have been in the VIP seating area. I was sort of surprised that we were the only ones there to just watch the show.
CJ was more fascinated than Natalie and Eli. He could have stayed there for hours. I could see the wheels turning inside his brain and his eyes were as big as saucers. After he viewed the scene for a few minutes he looked up from the devastation and said, "Mommie, you are da best Mommie in the whole wild world for letting me see this construction! I LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH right now Mommie!"
I could not have planned it better if I had tried. (Except that my digital camera was at home charging.) Fortunately, my handy dandy i-phone camera was able to help me out with capturing the moment for the blog and CJ's memory book. Field trips like this are once in a lifetime.
- ► 2011 (275)
- Field Trip #421, The Anthony Thomas Chocolate Fact...
- Field Trip #420, visiting our NICU friends
- The Craft Craze Continues
- Sisterly Love and Laughter
- The Definition of Clean
- Getting Ready for Passover
- The Slutsky Rabbis
- Charlotte the Model
- Preemie Babies are Not Meant to be REBORN
- It is about CJ and it is PERSONAL TO ME
- Next Time Won't You Sing with Me?
- Field Trip #415--part two
- A Sneak Peek at Spring
- Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day
- Field Trip # 415- A demolition adventure
- Field Trip #414
- I am an Enabler
- Tinker Toys are Tinkering with Me
- There's a Starbucks in My Jacuzzi
- Nana and Papa arrive
- My Cute Cubby Corner and other Home Related Fantas...
- I reached my Parenting Goal
- Hooked On Phonics- the Urine Edition
- Conserving and Cutting Back
- The Real Housewives of Franklin County- The Hebrew...
- Costco is my Social Life
- I love my job
- Proud Moments
- I'll be deaf before I turn 42
- Binge and Purge
- ▼ March (30)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)