Here is the proof that everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day.Latinos, Jews, Gringos and my kids are all celebrating the green.
I decided to make a festive Saint Paddy's day meal for the whole family. Nothing says, "we are Irish" like Corned Beef and GREEN mashed potatoes. I steamed 5 pounds of organic, fresh baby spinach
and blended it with whole milk, butter, sour cream, garlic and potatoes
to make these color appropriate mashed potatoes. The dish is really creamed spinach with potatoes but my kids gobble up "Green Potatoes" so why call it something fancier than just, green potatoes? In addition to being extra nutritious, these potatoes were officially Irish.I bought two pounds of the no nitrates, no antibiotic raised, gluten free, extra lean corned beef from whole foods and we ate it like there was no tomorrow.
Some of the adults had strong Irish coffee and ice cream sundaes with Bailey's Irish Creme for dessert. Others, (who shall remain nameless) sipped diet coke. This allowed us the extra energy and patience to deal with four little leprechauns until bed time. Thanks to daylight savings time, St. Patrick's day does not end soon enough. In a few winks, it will be Top of the Mornin to us....GAH!
- ► 2011 (275)
- Field Trip #421, The Anthony Thomas Chocolate Fact...
- Field Trip #420, visiting our NICU friends
- The Craft Craze Continues
- Sisterly Love and Laughter
- The Definition of Clean
- Getting Ready for Passover
- The Slutsky Rabbis
- Charlotte the Model
- Preemie Babies are Not Meant to be REBORN
- It is about CJ and it is PERSONAL TO ME
- Next Time Won't You Sing with Me?
- Field Trip #415--part two
- A Sneak Peek at Spring
- Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day
- Field Trip # 415- A demolition adventure
- Field Trip #414
- I am an Enabler
- Tinker Toys are Tinkering with Me
- There's a Starbucks in My Jacuzzi
- Nana and Papa arrive
- My Cute Cubby Corner and other Home Related Fantas...
- I reached my Parenting Goal
- Hooked On Phonics- the Urine Edition
- Conserving and Cutting Back
- The Real Housewives of Franklin County- The Hebrew...
- Costco is my Social Life
- I love my job
- Proud Moments
- I'll be deaf before I turn 42
- Binge and Purge
- ▼ March (30)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (221)