We ventured out to the zoo to see the Wild Lights exhibit. This is one of those amazing LCD holiday light displays that does not translate into still photos. The vast array of colors and bulbs is lost with my tiny digital camera.
I took this video of the sights and sounds of the Columbus Zoo:
I scored shots of our group in front of the various furry friends. It cracks me up that CJ's favorite characters are the Bob Evans Mascots, Biscuits and Gravy. Of all the stuffed creatures and costumed animals, he LOVES the two dogs named for food he can't ever eat. Go figure.
Edgar and his darling nephew Eric (age 4) came with us. With four, four year olds in tow it gave me a glimpse into how much attention the quad moms get. If I thought having triplets plus one was showstopping, you can't imagine the stares and peanut gallery comments from quads plus one. My favorite wise crack of the evening came from a vile woman, who looked at me and said, "OH MY GAWD, You poor thing, are they all yours?" I said, "Oh yes, these are my youngest, the 8 older ones are with their father in the safari area over there." In my head I was thinking something was less cheery and festive. Effin People.
So if you are in the Columbus Area and you want to take your kids to a light display of epic proportions,
by all means, do not miss the zoo. Wild nights, wild lights and a dose of freezing cold air will get your children into the holiday spirit for sure. Bring your own hot cocoa, camera and long underwear to ensure that your wild night stays warm and bright!
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Pre-Bowl Game Celebrations
- Year End Details
- Right Eye- All Right!
- It is Fashion Week, Come preview the New Chazzerai...
- It is the most wonderful time of the year
- New Rules
- Chrismukkah Greetings
- Gluten Free White Trash Snack Mix
- One Eye Done, One To Go
- Preparing for Cornea Surgery
- His name is Hot Cocoa
- Grandma Andy Linkow Knows
- Where are we going today?
- Gluten Free Chewy Sugar Cookies
- Your Kids Are Your Own Fault
- The Duggar Disaster Part Two
- The Duggar Family DISASTER
- Random Housekeeping
- Happy Chanukah
- Gluten Free Chanukah Latkes
- Jewish Mother of 6 accused of being Cocaine Drug L...
- Surgical Success
- Wild Lights Wild Nights
- Yes Ma'am-o-gram, you are falling apart
- Semi Homemade Gluten Free Caramel Apple Pie
- Naughty Equals NOT NICE
- For the Birds
- ▼ December (28)
- ► 2008 (221)