Monday, December 7, 2009

Wild Lights Wild Nights

We ventured out to the zoo to see the Wild Lights exhibit. This is one of those amazing LCD holiday light displays that does not translate into still photos. The vast array of colors and bulbs is lost with my tiny digital camera.

I took this video of the sights and sounds of the Columbus Zoo:
video

I scored shots of our group in front of the various furry friends. It cracks me up that CJ's favorite characters are the Bob Evans Mascots, Biscuits and Gravy. Of all the stuffed creatures and costumed animals, he LOVES the two dogs named for food he can't ever eat. Go figure.

Edgar and his darling nephew Eric (age 4) came with us. With four, four year olds in tow it gave me a glimpse into how much attention the quad moms get. If I thought having triplets plus one was showstopping, you can't imagine the stares and peanut gallery comments from quads plus one. My favorite wise crack of the evening came from a vile woman, who looked at me and said, "OH MY GAWD, You poor thing, are they all yours?" I said, "Oh yes, these are my youngest, the 8 older ones are with their father in the safari area over there." In my head I was thinking something was less cheery and festive. Effin People.

So if you are in the Columbus Area and you want to take your kids to a light display of epic proportions,




by all means, do not miss the zoo. Wild nights, wild lights and a dose of freezing cold air will get your children into the holiday spirit for sure. Bring your own hot cocoa, camera and long underwear to ensure that your wild night stays warm and bright!

2 comments:

Michele S said...

It looks so warm in those photos. Are you sure it was cold????

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter