Monday, December 28, 2009

It is Fashion Week, Come preview the New Chazzerai Collection

In case you did not get the memo from Paris, is it Fashion Week at the Slutsky's home in New Albany. While the wind is howling and the snow is sporadic in Central Ohio, we have been keeping toasty warm and staying busy with our debut couture show called, The Chazzerai Collection for 2010.

for my non-Jewish readers,

the word Chazzerai: (khaz-zer-rye) literally, pig slop. Any kind of garbage, whether it's junk food, shoddy merchandise or stuff of little or no value.

"No wonder my grandson is fat.. All my daughter-in-law feeds him is chazzerai!"

"I went to that big estate sale, but all they had was chazzerai."

"I never shop at Loehmann's any more. All they have is chazzerai."

I allowed the kids to create their own fashions with a variety of designer clothing and accessories from (GASP!!!!) my own closet. You may recognize some of the fancier items from my pre-Mommie days of the past. For example, the plum and black Missoni (orange label for those who know) boucle wool scarf and the Eric Javits hat are two of my personal favorites, and now they are fodder for four year olds.




I am sure most kids are not lucky enough to play with their mother's Prada bag and Dolce & Gabbana silk blouses, but I indulge my children with the nothing but the finest dress up clothes. Did you really think my kids would be playing fashion show in items from The Gap? (SHUDDER)

Do you think Grandma Charlotte would be ever so proud to see her grandchildren, modeling the purple knit boa she knit for me?



I know she would have bought a ticket to this show. I just wish she was here to see it. She would have been so pleased.

The kids collaborated on the fashion show for hours. They took turns with the items and modeled each ensemble for my camera. These images are only the highlights- some of the out takes are even more captivating. There was twirling. There was spinning. There was prancing,

and that was just from the boys! I especially love the way CJ accessorized his outfit with one tall black sock, it is a Michael Jackson, retro, old school, one glove kind of look, right?

So while you might be dreaming of Paris and wishing you could be anywhere but in Central Ohio this winter, there is nothing that can compare to my version of fashion week. The Chazzerai collection for 2010: available at Thrift Shops and Consignment stores nationwide or you can just raid my closet.

3 comments:

Michele S said...

I am so glad to know an actual word for everything Greg eats and wears. Too funny!!! The kids are adorable and look like they have so much fun.

Nothing shocks me anymore... said...

Adorable! I also LOVE LOVE LOVE your green wall! My husband swears we have the only house that looks like kids have been there...

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

Yes the ever famous apple green wall that is now a crayon and marker Jackson Pollock painting. We actually have been encouraging them to embellish it and each month or so we notice the marks going higher as they get taller. Some parents mark the back of a closet door with a pencil we just have the whole wall

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter