I prepped this soup yesterday before we went to the zoo and when we got home it was ready to be served. My kids love it decorated with cheese, bacon crumbles, chives, and sour cream- all so tasty but forbidden on weight watchers. The nice thing about this soup, is its' ability to be custom flavored. Add your own personal touch.
2 cloves crushed garlic
3 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, scrubbed, cut in chunks
small red onion cut into chunks
2 qts Gluten Free Chicken Broth
(I wanted to steam the asparagus and mushrooms for Jeff's version, so I added those to the top of the standard recipe and then removed them before blending)
The ingredients are just layeredinto the crock pot and then covered with the broth. Cook all day on low, then remove the additional steamed vegetables before blending
into a thick soup. You may need to add some additional milk or broth if your soup is too thick for your liking. I add back the chopped asparagus and mushrooms for Jeff so that his soup is all veggie without fat, and the kids prefer theirs like a baked potato soup.
Happy Gluten Free Friday-
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Tis The Season
- We Missed You, Let's Eat
- Prayers Answered
- The Scented Pine Cone Recipe
- Tales of Thanksgiving
- A lesson in shopping
- The Urban Active Gym in New Albany, a lesson in ho...
- Welcome Back Uncle Silvan
- Simple, Easy, Gluten Free Dinner
- Update on SeeHere.com
- CJ's Special Day
- Field Trip # 405
- The Non-Vomit Streak is Over
- Smelling the Roses
- Low Fat, Crock Pot, Gluten Free Potato Soup
- Taking Full Advantage
- 50 Free 5x7 Photo Cards FREE
- Dinner and a Show but not in that order
- Charlotte at age Two
- A Contest for my blog readers
- Adventures with Astro Boy
- Eating Chinese Food the Gluten Free way at Pei Wei...
- Playground Party
- Mommie can we keep him?
- I am not Oprah Winfrey
- The BIG 99
- ▼ November (27)
- ► 2008 (221)