This was the ultimate Fall Fun Day. Jeff and I schlepped all the kids plus Lenny to Blendon Woods Park. The weather was ideal for layering and the sky was clear enough to enjoy the bright colorful scenery.
The kids are really into the changing of the seasons. They took pride in noticing every detail at the park. Nothing says Autumn like playing in the fallen leaves.
It was the best source of entertainment and it was FREE!
Here are some images taken as I tried to capture the park scenery about one week past peak for colors.
I hope you can see the beauty of the kids surrounded by nature.
I was planning to write a much different post tonight- but with my vision scrambled, my heart aching, I will collect my thoughts during nice hot, evening shower and I will post tomorrow about the heavier side to parenting. If you want a hint, I screwed up today- BIG TIME. I am practically in tears now, looking at the photos from today, and I promise I will share the whole saga tomorrow. I am signing off to take a look at three sleeping kids before I call it a night.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Halloween Happiness
- LOTS of Treats and a trick from me to you
- Arriving at Aloft in Leawood, Kansas
- Beggars Night
- Field Trips Anyone?
- Fall Fiascos and Fall Fun- two rolled into one
- Mommie Guilt
- Sunday is our Funday
- Happy Halloween from the Neighborhood
- The Pool Party
- I am a Preschool Picasso Pimp
- All in a days work in Palm Beach
- Leaving the Leaves and Loving It
- Gluten Free Turkey Meatloaf
- Mommie is DOWN and Falling Apart
- Thankful and Relieved
- This Bonus Mom gets Bragging Rights for Bonus Son
- Sukkot Sunday and Gluten Free Moroccan Roasted Pum...
- EASY Gluten Free Potato Crusted Wild Salmon with P...
- What a Tear Jerker
- Shiloh Jolie Pitt to wed Caleb James Slutsky
- The Last Fourth Birthday Party
- Aunts and Uncles- How Sweet it is
- Pumpkin Festival for the NICU
- A Hum-dinger of a Fourth Birthday
- Gluten Free Tuna Noodle Casserole
- There is No Place Like Home
- ▼ October (27)
- ► 2008 (221)