This is a slam dunk dinner at our house. My kids LOVE pesto sauce and now that I have harvested all my basil before the first hard frost we are stocked up and ready for winter. This meal is ideal with fresh, wild, red, sockeye salmon fillets but you could substitute any fresh fish available. If you are not a pesto fan just switch the sauce to Bearnaise or hollandaise or whatever floats your boat.
2 eggs beaten (or egg beaters)
salt, pepper to taste
2 carton shredded hash browns (costco has these)
PAM or olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Open carton of hash browns and add hot water as directed. Set aside to steam while you make a breading station. Line up the fillets, bowl of beaten egg and the moistened hash browns for coating the fish.
Dip the fish into the egg and roll it into the hashbrowns. Pat and press them onto the fish. Place them potato side down onto a very hot but not smoking well pammed, or oiled griddle or skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes then carefully pour a bit of egg wash onto the top (bare) fillet and then pack it with the potato before turning to brown that side.
Cook another 3 minutes until browned and transfer to a baking dish. After breading and browning all the fish, place the baking dish in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.Drizzle with pesto before serving.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Halloween Happiness
- LOTS of Treats and a trick from me to you
- Arriving at Aloft in Leawood, Kansas
- Beggars Night
- Field Trips Anyone?
- Fall Fiascos and Fall Fun- two rolled into one
- Mommie Guilt
- Sunday is our Funday
- Happy Halloween from the Neighborhood
- The Pool Party
- I am a Preschool Picasso Pimp
- All in a days work in Palm Beach
- Leaving the Leaves and Loving It
- Gluten Free Turkey Meatloaf
- Mommie is DOWN and Falling Apart
- Thankful and Relieved
- This Bonus Mom gets Bragging Rights for Bonus Son
- Sukkot Sunday and Gluten Free Moroccan Roasted Pum...
- EASY Gluten Free Potato Crusted Wild Salmon with P...
- What a Tear Jerker
- Shiloh Jolie Pitt to wed Caleb James Slutsky
- The Last Fourth Birthday Party
- Aunts and Uncles- How Sweet it is
- Pumpkin Festival for the NICU
- A Hum-dinger of a Fourth Birthday
- Gluten Free Tuna Noodle Casserole
- There is No Place Like Home
- ▼ October (27)
- ► 2008 (221)