One of the many advantages to living in New Albany is Beggars Night. Where I am from trick or treating is done on Halloween but here we celebrate with Beggars night. My kids were really excited to participate and their themed costumes were understated and functional.
The three little pigs and little red riding hood took New Albany by storm tonight.
I was impressed with the overall success of taking them this year. They all walked, carried their treats, and kept their costumes on. This was a huge improvement over last year. I did not have the luxury of taking Argenida along tonight, so going it solo was a bit iffy. Fortunately my kids were totally into the whole experience and were good listeners.
I must admit my little beggars did a fine job of wishing everyone a happy Halloween, saying thank you and respecting the pretty and delicate decorations. When we got home I separated the gluten and dye free items into a CJ friendly bucket and donated the rest to Mitchell.
The best part of this festive tradition includes treats for the adults. I was blown away when we got to Aunt Edye and Uncle Marc's home- they had appetizers, red and white wine
and make your own smores in the driveway. Talk about begging- I was totally mooching the spanikopeta. Beggars Night in New Albany kicks Halloween's butt in Overland Park, Kansas.
I secretly hoped that when I got finished putting the kids to bed there would be a very cold martini and a hot bath waiting for me. Beggars can't be choosers you know.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Halloween Happiness
- LOTS of Treats and a trick from me to you
- Arriving at Aloft in Leawood, Kansas
- Beggars Night
- Field Trips Anyone?
- Fall Fiascos and Fall Fun- two rolled into one
- Mommie Guilt
- Sunday is our Funday
- Happy Halloween from the Neighborhood
- The Pool Party
- I am a Preschool Picasso Pimp
- All in a days work in Palm Beach
- Leaving the Leaves and Loving It
- Gluten Free Turkey Meatloaf
- Mommie is DOWN and Falling Apart
- Thankful and Relieved
- This Bonus Mom gets Bragging Rights for Bonus Son
- Sukkot Sunday and Gluten Free Moroccan Roasted Pum...
- EASY Gluten Free Potato Crusted Wild Salmon with P...
- What a Tear Jerker
- Shiloh Jolie Pitt to wed Caleb James Slutsky
- The Last Fourth Birthday Party
- Aunts and Uncles- How Sweet it is
- Pumpkin Festival for the NICU
- A Hum-dinger of a Fourth Birthday
- Gluten Free Tuna Noodle Casserole
- There is No Place Like Home
- ▼ October (27)
- ► 2008 (221)