Thursday, October 29, 2009

Beggars Night

One of the many advantages to living in New Albany is Beggars Night. Where I am from trick or treating is done on Halloween but here we celebrate with Beggars night. My kids were really excited to participate and their themed costumes were understated and functional.



The three little pigs and little red riding hood took New Albany by storm tonight.

I was impressed with the overall success of taking them this year. They all walked, carried their treats, and kept their costumes on. This was a huge improvement over last year. I did not have the luxury of taking Argenida along tonight, so going it solo was a bit iffy. Fortunately my kids were totally into the whole experience and were good listeners.



I must admit my little beggars did a fine job of wishing everyone a happy Halloween, saying thank you and respecting the pretty and delicate decorations. When we got home I separated the gluten and dye free items into a CJ friendly bucket and donated the rest to Mitchell.

The best part of this festive tradition includes treats for the adults. I was blown away when we got to Aunt Edye and Uncle Marc's home- they had appetizers, red and white wine

and make your own smores in the driveway. Talk about begging- I was totally mooching the spanikopeta. Beggars Night in New Albany kicks Halloween's butt in Overland Park, Kansas.

I secretly hoped that when I got finished putting the kids to bed there would be a very cold martini and a hot bath waiting for me. Beggars can't be choosers you know.

1 comment:

Michele S said...

Treats for the adults is the way it should go down.

Okay, I wrote to you on my blog today.

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter