Friday, September 11, 2009

UPS Update

So at 4:30 p.m. with the party and drive time literally slipping away I was able to make a run for it. UPS called and explained that the second box was put on the wrong Brown Delivery Truck and they were kind enough to give me the driver's cell phone number. I called him and he gave me his location so I could meet up with him on his route. I thought he should have met me half way in between but I was just so anxious to get the box in my hands that I was willing to drive 15 minutes in the opposite direction from my home and party to end the misery.

With rush hour traffic it took me over an hour to reach the party destination. I was pretty frazzled until I was in the house unpacking the clothes. A twin mom in my local club was hosting and her easy going manner put me right at ease. The poor thing had no idea what I had been through and who was I to show up and rain on her parade. Her 2 year old daughter was glad the party lady showed up.

The Chez Ami clothing line was a real hit with these moms too. I was reassured that it was not just me that was in LOVE. I was totally thrilled when a guest offered to host my Spring Show- whew, that is so cool. Today I will process the orders, get caught up on all my other desk stuff and bask in the glory that I survived yet another chaotic and crazy crisis. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Twincerely,Olga said...

Hi Helen! Loved your ideas on the multiples board! Your blog is very nice too!! I can tell you have a great sense of humor so I'll be back often!Oh and your kids are gorgeous!!!!!

Jennifer Mullinax said...

Hey lady~ I would love to have a look when you are in KC...call me!! :)
J

Helen said...

Thanks for the great MoMs post. I just bought my girls fire fighter rain boots and hadn't even thought about taking them to the fire station. We will be baking cookies...

Helen

http://curlybirds.blogspot.com

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter