Monday, September 21, 2009

Just as I predicted

All four of the kids are pookie. I suspect they have the dreaded hand, foot and mouth virus that plagued Samuel. Hand-foot-and-mouth disease is a mild, contagious viral infection common in young children. Characterized by sores in the mouth and a rash on the hands and feet, hand-foot-and-mouth disease is most commonly caused by a coxsackievirus.

I'll be damned if I am going to shell our four co-pays at $25 bucks a pop only to be told that there is nothing that you can do but wait it out. Having experienced this years ago as a nanny I just knew the answer was alternating between tylenol and motrin for the fever and slathering a combination of maalox and benydryl on the sores. Needless to say it has been a bit whiny and cranky over here. And not just the kids. Momma needs a cocktail of vodka and blue cheese stuffed olives slathered in her mouth as preventative measures and for antibacterial purposes.

I am thinking of having some new tee shirts made that say: I went to Kansas City and all I got was the Coxsackievirus. Oh joy.

2 comments:

ree said...

I am not a doctor, but I've seen one on TV.

If you're serious about a prophalactic course of cocktails to prevent disease, I would suggest tequila over vodka.

I wish you all good health soon!

Sharon said...

Ha Ha, that would be funny, I think you should get the shirts made! Sorry tho that the kids are feeling "pookie". Can adults get that??

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter