All four of the kids are pookie. I suspect they have the dreaded hand, foot and mouth virus that plagued Samuel. Hand-foot-and-mouth disease is a mild, contagious viral infection common in young children. Characterized by sores in the mouth and a rash on the hands and feet, hand-foot-and-mouth disease is most commonly caused by a coxsackievirus.
I'll be damned if I am going to shell our four co-pays at $25 bucks a pop only to be told that there is nothing that you can do but wait it out. Having experienced this years ago as a nanny I just knew the answer was alternating between tylenol and motrin for the fever and slathering a combination of maalox and benydryl on the sores. Needless to say it has been a bit whiny and cranky over here. And not just the kids. Momma needs a cocktail of vodka and blue cheese stuffed olives slathered in her mouth as preventative measures and for antibacterial purposes.
I am thinking of having some new tee shirts made that say: I went to Kansas City and all I got was the Coxsackievirus. Oh joy.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Double Date night
- Hakuna Matata, that means no worries for the rest ...
- Day of Atonement
- A Solo Debut from Natalie
- Incredible Gluten Free Onion Rings
- Free Cold Stone Ice Cream on Thursday September 24...
- 15 Years Difference
- Just as I predicted
- Proof that they had fun
- Times Flies when you are Having Fun and We are Hav...
- Rock Stars and Models
- I can't make this stuff up
- The Silly Slutsky Quartet now playing at Village S...
- Look out Danica Patrick
- So Much to Say So Much to Do
- UPS Update
- Stress??? What Stress, this is just everyday life...
- NAH NAH to ZHU ZHU pets
- What is with all the public display of agression?
- Chuck E. Cheese
- Fall is Finally Here
- New Gluten Free Items at Trader Joe's
- Moms of Multiples Know How to PARTY
- Let's Play Questions and Answers about the Duggar ...
- ▼ September (24)
- ► 2008 (221)