Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hakuna Matata, that means no worries for the rest of your days

My kids have seen the DVD of Disney's The Lion King about 167 times. Maybe more, I have lost track. When it comes to memorizing the songs and sayings in the story, all of the children are well versed.

Last week Eli fell and scraped his knee on the deck. As I was tending to his "injury" I was comforting him and offered a band aid. After kissing the cut and covering it with a protective bandage I said, "Good as new Eli, don't worry about it!" Charlotte immediately came over to her brother and said, "Hakuna Matata Eli, that means no worries, for the rest of your days." She was so sweet.

So you can imagine the bittersweet feeling Jeff and I had last night as we sat and watched our good friend, Thom Sesma as he starred in the Las Vegas production of the Lion King. As Scar he is the bad guy, but he does it so well. We knew as we sat in the theater that our kids would have been completely thrilled to join us and we would have brought them along if it weren't for the pesky cost. Perhaps we will be able to bring them sometime in the future, maybe never? I think we will volunteer to star in one of those cheesy Mastercard commercials- our version would go something like this:


Reserved tickets to the Lion King at the Mandalay Bay, $125 each
(plus service fees, taxes, and parking)
Airfare from Columbus to Vegas $344 each
Lousy tee shirts, candy and drinks during intermission, $45 each
Watching the faces of your children as they experience live theater, PRICELESS!

Thom took us backstage after the show and it was amazing. If we thought we loved the costumes and sets from our seats you can only imagine how cool it was to get a sneak peek at the stuff up close and and privately.



There is magic being made in that theater every night- if you get the chance to see this show I highly recommend it. This is a true treasure for all age groups.

So yeah, we are in Las Vegas without our kids. Woooo Hooooo! We have no worries though. Nana and Papa are back home spoiling them rotten. It is the circle of life, right? I am off to get ready for another date night with my sexy husband, alone, in Las Vegas....Can you feel the love tonight? Hakuna Matata everyone, I got this one covered!

4 comments:

Nothing shocks me anymore... said...

I read something about Lion King.. What I what to comment on is how A~M~A~Z~I~N~G you look! Lucky dog!

Nothing shocks me anymore... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nothing shocks me anymore... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

thank you thank you thank you...I am feeling great.

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter