Monday, September 28, 2009

Day of Atonement

Today is Yom Kippur. It is the day of atonement. I will use this blog post to formally and thus, publicly atone for my sins for the past year. Yom Kippur is sort of the Jewish version of the Catholic confessionals, only it is done annually rather than weekly- us Jews wandered in the desert for 40 years so we are patient people. Weekly? Yearly? It is all good.

If you have followed this blog for any length of time you will know that I have very few secrets and I say it like it is, but sometimes this candid approach in communication causes some problems. I would like to take the time to apologize if I have offended you, made you cringe with my choice of four letter words, or worse, if I have wronged you in some way.

I would like to reflect on the past year and share what I have learned. Here is my list of gems from the past year of 5769 as we enter the Jewish New Year of 5770:

I learned that 16 oz of honey never really comes out of berber carpet

I learned that a good martini is liquid perfection

I learned that even in the saddest situations laughter is the best medicine

I learned that Cracker Barrel is a country restaurant

I learned that making gluten free challah is not worth the time or effort

I learned that I really did NEED an I-phone

I learned that shredded cheese is easier to sweep up if you wait a few hours

I learned that even my grandmother has a personal trainer

I learned that I actually ENJOY driving a mini-van

I learned that the pedi-egg has saved me over $180 in pedicures

I learned that blogging is cheaper than therapy

I learned that you can look slim while wearing a size 14 dress

I learned that facebook helps you reconnect with ex boyfriends

I learned that professional portraits of my children are priceless

I learned that being Jewish is important to me

I learned that wanting two aupairs on opposite shifts is a pipe dream

I learned that you can not underestimate the joy of successful potty training

Happy New Year everyone- I wonder what we will learn in the upcoming year? I do not have any resolutions, only goals, so stick around, we can all learn something from my hair-brained schemes and daily rants.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy new year to all of you! Helene, do you have a gluten free playdoh recipe or someplace that it can be purchased from? I am in need of it for one of my classrooms.

thanks and I loved catching up on your news.

Shellie

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

Good question... We have a gf and vegetable dye one that is awesome : Eco dough

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter