Sunday, August 23, 2009

Twittering Along

I know that some of you are twitters. You tweet the days away and are so in the know. I am formally announcing my boycott on the whole twitter media thing. I. Just. Can't. Do. It.

First, I barely have enough time in my day to feed and clean up after meals, three times a day, for 9+ people. I try to cook the above for mentioned meals from scratch. (Gluten free and weight watchers friendly) When I am not buried in the kitchen I am in the van, on the phone, or in front of my computer multi-tasking. I get very little downtime in my days. I have the blog, a facebook page, a husband, kids, house guests, a part time job and dog- that is enough to fill my "spare" time. Sorry Twitter, the no vacancy sign is illuminated- move along.

Secondly, if I were to send twitter updates to my subscribers the updates would be the same shit different day. My life is relatively predictable and not worth the extra boost of news from my neck of the woods. Posts would be variations on these topics---I am at Giant Eagle, I am walking the dog, I am picking up cups, napkins, cereal, and toys from the floor, I am in the carpool lane...YAWN! B-O-R-I-N-G! Nobody cares enough to warrant starting down the twittering road, right? Isn't the blog enough already?

And finally, for those of you who have the time and energy to twitter- I applaud you and recognize this form of communication as "extra"- a little taste of what you have to say. Sadly, I was vaccinated with a phonograph needle but don't have enough hours in the day to devote to becoming a twittering fool and utilizing my God given talent with the gift of gab. It is not for a lack of information, it is purely a lack of time.

Maybe someday when my life is full of sunshine and rainbows, when Jeff has hired a cleaning crew, when my kids are self sufficient enough to cook real meals, I will consider the whole twitter world. By then, my updates will be from the heart, until then, no dice. R.I.P. Twitter.

So tweet this-
Love,
The Queen

No comments:

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter