There are some recipes that just work seasonally. Homemade salsa is one of them. This recipe can only be prepared with the finest and freshest tomatoes. Summer salsa has a short season in Ohio and that season starts NOW!
The recipe is simple- you chop everything and allow it to sit and meld together for as long as you can, before dipping chips, making tacos and using up every drop. CJ will drink salsa if it is tasty enough and this batch was worthy of his slurps.
Jalapeno or Chili peppers
Zest plus juice of one lime
I scored these beautiful yellow tomatoes from the farmers' market and added them for a pop of bright color. See kids, when you were younger Mommie made salsa and you ate it with a spoon.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Just another mouth to feed, right?
- The Sensitivity Filter is Missing
- Summer Salsa
- Gluten Free S''mores
- Two Steps Forward, One Step Back
- Field Trip # 398
- Just For Fun
- For the love of Pink and Green- check out, Chez Am...
- Twittering Along
- Produce Envy
- Drains Drains go away
- Designer Circumcision
- Going Crazy or Just a Panic Attack?
- Fianlly some photos and a shout out to The Super S...
- Don't mind the crazy guy in the pick up truck, he'...
- Gluten Free Double Loaded Blueberry Muffin Cakes
- I am on the mend-- thanks Doc!
- I need more pain meds, a pool boy and some questio...
- The Queen has returned to the castle where she con...
- I don't blog...give me a break
- Resting comfortably
- In the waiting room
- Apparently, I should go into the hospital more oft...
- Guest Blogger or Not?
- Life Is Good
- Mountain Climbing
- Mother of Four uses Tax Dollars to exhaust her chi...
- There are two doctors in the house
- ▼ August (28)
- ► 2008 (221)