Almost the minute Amanda went back to college we added another resident to our home. Six of one, half a dozen of another, right? Alessandro, one of the male aupairs from Chile, needed temporary housing while he gets placed with another family, so we offered up the basement as a landing spot for a while. I am secretly hoping the agency takes a few weeks finding him a new host family because I could get used to having Argenida plus a "manny". Honestly, there is little difference in preparing dinner for 10 versus 9.
In the grand scheme of things, having an extra pair of eyes to watch kids, and extra pair of hands to help corral said children is a bonus. Alessandro is good with the little ones, he has a mice smile and even though his English is about a 2 out of 10, he manages them just fine. What is another mouth to feed, right?
So if any of my readers are wanting a male aupair that barely speaks English, already has his drivers license and is good with toddlers, let me know. I am sure Alessandro will be your man- or should I say, Manny?
I feel like I should hang the neon sign in the front windows- NO VACANCY! We are now back at maximum occupancy around here. Amanda left yesterday and Alessandro arrived today- good timing, eh? I swear if we had a bigger house we would just fill it up, so for now, we are good. Now, let me see what is for dinner?
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Just another mouth to feed, right?
- The Sensitivity Filter is Missing
- Summer Salsa
- Gluten Free S''mores
- Two Steps Forward, One Step Back
- Field Trip # 398
- Just For Fun
- For the love of Pink and Green- check out, Chez Am...
- Twittering Along
- Produce Envy
- Drains Drains go away
- Designer Circumcision
- Going Crazy or Just a Panic Attack?
- Fianlly some photos and a shout out to The Super S...
- Don't mind the crazy guy in the pick up truck, he'...
- Gluten Free Double Loaded Blueberry Muffin Cakes
- I am on the mend-- thanks Doc!
- I need more pain meds, a pool boy and some questio...
- The Queen has returned to the castle where she con...
- I don't blog...give me a break
- Resting comfortably
- In the waiting room
- Apparently, I should go into the hospital more oft...
- Guest Blogger or Not?
- Life Is Good
- Mountain Climbing
- Mother of Four uses Tax Dollars to exhaust her chi...
- There are two doctors in the house
- ▼ August (28)
- ► 2008 (221)