Monday, August 31, 2009

Just another mouth to feed, right?

Almost the minute Amanda went back to college we added another resident to our home. Six of one, half a dozen of another, right? Alessandro, one of the male aupairs from Chile, needed temporary housing while he gets placed with another family, so we offered up the basement as a landing spot for a while. I am secretly hoping the agency takes a few weeks finding him a new host family because I could get used to having Argenida plus a "manny". Honestly, there is little difference in preparing dinner for 10 versus 9.

In the grand scheme of things, having an extra pair of eyes to watch kids, and extra pair of hands to help corral said children is a bonus. Alessandro is good with the little ones, he has a mice smile and even though his English is about a 2 out of 10, he manages them just fine. What is another mouth to feed, right?

So if any of my readers are wanting a male aupair that barely speaks English, already has his drivers license and is good with toddlers, let me know. I am sure Alessandro will be your man- or should I say, Manny?

I feel like I should hang the neon sign in the front windows- NO VACANCY! We are now back at maximum occupancy around here. Amanda left yesterday and Alessandro arrived today- good timing, eh? I swear if we had a bigger house we would just fill it up, so for now, we are good. Now, let me see what is for dinner?

1 comment:

Michele S said...

You need a 24 hour buffet to feed that crew.

I saw you email last week, then got all freaked out over school and haven't gone back to dig it up, but we will definitely do something when you are here. FER SURE.

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter