Saturday, August 8, 2009
I don't blog...give me a break
You want updates about Helene. I understand that but what do you want to know. There were several comments from disappointed readers that they weren't getting the play by play. I don't blog. So, I'll tell you what I know. Charlotte got me up at 5 am. Natalie joined here at 6 am. I gave the kids breakfast. Got them dressed (even color coordinated.) Had a sitter come at noon so I could run some errands and get to the hospital. I get to the hospital and first thing Helene asks me as why the blog wasn't updated. Then they gave her some Oxycontin which helped me as much as her.
She had pressure on her stomach. It hurts to cough or laugh. I didn't tell any jokes. The doctor told her this was gas pressure and as soon as she passed some gas, some of the discomfort would improve. I know from past experience this is one talent she really has. By my visit today she was tooting up a storm and feeling better. Thankfully I had some sinus problems. She showed me one of her medical devices. It looked to me as they were pumping a Bloody Mary right into her veins,which is why she was feeling pretty good. It turns out it was draining fluid from the her abs.
When I left the hospital I picked up Arginida from her class then went home to get the kids. Amanda and the little ones all went to Costco. They ate dinner there. We bought food. We spent half of what we normally spend and I don't think we missed anything we needed. Go figure. Its till our easiest type of outing. We just roll them up to table and start feeding them.
Kids went to bed early. I'm writing this then going to the hospital to get an update, provided I can get one of the older kids to supervise the sleeping little ones in my absence. I'm taking cookies with me for the nurses as I was instructed. I try to do everything she tells me to do, but having sex with myself was asking too much. (I'm paraphrasing, but keep in mind it was before they slipped something into her IV.)
That's all I know. Except she really looked great. Notice the flowers in the background sent from her sister Rochelle and brother-in-law Nat. (Mine don't arrive till Monday to the house) If I learn more, I'll tell you. I promise. But I'm working on 4 hours of sleep and going nuts. How does she do this every day? My wife is a saint.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Just another mouth to feed, right?
- The Sensitivity Filter is Missing
- Summer Salsa
- Gluten Free S''mores
- Two Steps Forward, One Step Back
- Field Trip # 398
- Just For Fun
- For the love of Pink and Green- check out, Chez Am...
- Twittering Along
- Produce Envy
- Drains Drains go away
- Designer Circumcision
- Going Crazy or Just a Panic Attack?
- Fianlly some photos and a shout out to The Super S...
- Don't mind the crazy guy in the pick up truck, he'...
- Gluten Free Double Loaded Blueberry Muffin Cakes
- I am on the mend-- thanks Doc!
- I need more pain meds, a pool boy and some questio...
- The Queen has returned to the castle where she con...
- I don't blog...give me a break
- Resting comfortably
- In the waiting room
- Apparently, I should go into the hospital more oft...
- Guest Blogger or Not?
- Life Is Good
- Mountain Climbing
- Mother of Four uses Tax Dollars to exhaust her chi...
- There are two doctors in the house
- ▼ August (28)
- ► 2008 (221)