I am still taking my meds on schedule which is great for pain control but horrible on the sleep schedule. I could sleep all day and night on these suckers, so as I start to space out the doses I am able to actually function and of course, blog.
This weekend Jeff and I took the kids to a birthday party times 5. We went to only one party- the guests of honor just turned 6. They are quintuplets.
So when you need to ease back into your social life, wadddya do? You do it big. Where else could I lolly gag around in a stylish black jersey tent dress with drains coming out of the hem, high on pain killers and still manage to blend in with all the other parents? Right- a party where everyone has so many kids that no one even notices the other invited guests. The kids did enjoy themselves and we prayed they would fall asleep on the way home, but no such luck.
By the time we got home I was really in bad shape. I admit to everyone that I over did it. I should not have gone to the party in 90 degree heat and stood around watching kids. I should have stayed home. Thankfully my husband has super hero powers when tested to the outer limits. He took over and I collapsed in bed for 14 hours. I woke up expecting to find the house in shambles and the kids coated in dirt, but somehow, he and he alone tackled the task of taking care of the kids. He is superman. No cape, no shield, just some fancy karate moves and a metrosexual outfit....he's got no fro just some grey hair, when it comes to toting tots he's quite debonair, watch for the camry or a minivan- he is my SUPER SLUTSKY MAN.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Just another mouth to feed, right?
- The Sensitivity Filter is Missing
- Summer Salsa
- Gluten Free S''mores
- Two Steps Forward, One Step Back
- Field Trip # 398
- Just For Fun
- For the love of Pink and Green- check out, Chez Am...
- Twittering Along
- Produce Envy
- Drains Drains go away
- Designer Circumcision
- Going Crazy or Just a Panic Attack?
- Fianlly some photos and a shout out to The Super S...
- Don't mind the crazy guy in the pick up truck, he'...
- Gluten Free Double Loaded Blueberry Muffin Cakes
- I am on the mend-- thanks Doc!
- I need more pain meds, a pool boy and some questio...
- The Queen has returned to the castle where she con...
- I don't blog...give me a break
- Resting comfortably
- In the waiting room
- Apparently, I should go into the hospital more oft...
- Guest Blogger or Not?
- Life Is Good
- Mountain Climbing
- Mother of Four uses Tax Dollars to exhaust her chi...
- There are two doctors in the house
- ▼ August (28)
- ► 2008 (221)