This morning the kids asked us for some suitcases. They asked and asked and asked as if their lives depended on it. I did my best to avoid schlepping 4 roller bags into the playroom until Eli explained the situation. You see, my children are pretending to visit Nana and Papa in Kansas City today. They are driving there on the leather couch, will have packed their blankets, pillows and a plethora of toys inside the much needed suitcases, and will be back in time to see Uncle Silvan for Shabbos dinner tonight at our house. When it comes to a vivid imagination all of my kids are amazingly gifted. The travel plans include stopping at Waldo Pizza for games and gluten free pizza (Natalie packed some quarters) and they are having a play date with Lillian and Sam at Deanna Rose this afternoon. Sounds good to me.
Given the intense planning and great detail, I brought them 4 bags so they could get to KC and back before dinner.
I guess I can add Samsonite Suitcases to the list of toys we did not know we owned. I think organizing luggage ranks right up there with scotch tape and packing tissue.
Ahhh Summer fun a shoestring budget- life is good.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Gluten Free Farmer's Market Marinated Salad- low f...
- OMG We have created a monster...a straight haired ...
- Just Keeping it Real
- An Open Letter to my Uterus
- Another Plan "B" kind of Vacation
- The New and Improved Slutsky Family Mission Statem...
- Dawn to Dusk in Virginia Beach
- The Beach Babies
- Rocking in Raleigh
- Are We There Yet? Beside the Sea Side!
- Mocha Monday and Free Pastry at Starbucks Tomorrow...
- Summer Smiles and Singing in the Rain
- A Fun Friday Filled with Freebies
- Gluten Free Chicken Nachos
- Observations from a Road Trip
- You've Got a Friend
- Mocha Mondays at McDonalds and other random free s...
- Gluten Free Pop Tarts
- Preschool Panic
- A Day in Dayton- Field Trip # 371
- Pregnancy is Contagious
- What do "NORMAL" families talk about during dinner...
- Fireworks, Friends and Fun for 10% of the Fourth
- Everyone Loves a Parade!
- Ready to go to Nana & Papa's House
- Match.com newest member, Jon Gosselin
- Our Jewish Jack Russell Terrier named John Lennon
- New Pajamas
- ▼ July (29)
- ► 2008 (221)