Last year the triplets were in preschool three days a week for roughly 3 hours a day. It was heaven for them on so many levels. Eli met his first true love, their program was perfect, and they LOVED every day at school. On Tuesdays and Thursdays they were so disappointed.
With our moratorium on spending and our financial pickle we can't afford preschool tuition times three, yet alone times four. Technically, Charlotte is more than ready to be enrolled too, and by Fall she will be completely potty trained. What to do? What to do?
I joked about homeschooling them last summer when we were screwed over by the folks at the MRDD, and while Summer Homeschooling is an adventure in field trips, homeschooling four kids under four during the cold, winter months of Central Ohio is HELL. There is no amount of mild sedation, or anxiety drugs that could coax me into homeschooling them full time. I am beginning to panic.
Tuition at private preschool is about $4K per child after you join an organization or pay dues/building funds/mandatory memberships to a synagogue. I can probably find a cheaper program but once the kids have had a taste of Evian, I doubt they will be okay to drink tap water even if it is disguised with toys and jungle gyms. So here I sit wallowing in the fact that this school year is looking grim at best.
As I added the facts and figures of tuition times four, it occurred to me that preschool teachers probably make about $15K part time teaching a few days a week with an entire classroom of 6 or more kids. I wonder if I can hire a private preschool teacher to take them on for half of that? Surely there are some preschool teachers looking to supplement their incomes? So perhaps my homeschooling dilemma and preschool panic is premature. Should I write an ad in the classifieds? After all I do have enough students for a small school setting, and since I dress them alike, they are already wearing "uniforms" of sorts.
I need to either sell a kidney and enroll them in the program at Temple Beth Chanel, or find an awesome teacher that wants to have her own little school. Plan B is to start buying anti-anxiety meds and coloring books. Preschool Panic- ahhhhh, can you hear me screaming?
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Gluten Free Farmer's Market Marinated Salad- low f...
- OMG We have created a monster...a straight haired ...
- Just Keeping it Real
- An Open Letter to my Uterus
- Another Plan "B" kind of Vacation
- The New and Improved Slutsky Family Mission Statem...
- Dawn to Dusk in Virginia Beach
- The Beach Babies
- Rocking in Raleigh
- Are We There Yet? Beside the Sea Side!
- Mocha Monday and Free Pastry at Starbucks Tomorrow...
- Summer Smiles and Singing in the Rain
- A Fun Friday Filled with Freebies
- Gluten Free Chicken Nachos
- Observations from a Road Trip
- You've Got a Friend
- Mocha Mondays at McDonalds and other random free s...
- Gluten Free Pop Tarts
- Preschool Panic
- A Day in Dayton- Field Trip # 371
- Pregnancy is Contagious
- What do "NORMAL" families talk about during dinner...
- Fireworks, Friends and Fun for 10% of the Fourth
- Everyone Loves a Parade!
- Ready to go to Nana & Papa's House
- Match.com newest member, Jon Gosselin
- Our Jewish Jack Russell Terrier named John Lennon
- New Pajamas
- ▼ July (29)
- ► 2008 (221)