My kids just L-O-V-E a birthday party. The get it now. We celebrated cousin Connor turning four with the Slutsky-palooza crowd.
Nothing says a party like City BBQ, cake, presents and goody bag gifts.
The kids scored these amazing gummy lightening bugs. They are basic gummy candy that is packaged with a a light up pair of tweezers. When you squeeze the candy bug between the tweezers it lights up and thus illuminates the candy to a full glow. Very cool.
It poured rain all day and after dinner I tossed the kids outside to play in the rain. Why not? When you are a kid you are not supposed to go out in the rain, and that makes it all the more fun to do. So they got wet, big deal. I had them singing and dancing in the rain.
They stood under the summer rain shower in the front yard and caught raindrops on their tongues. This is an improvement over last summer when I was white trash bathing them in the yard. Now we are civilized and just let them shower outdoors.
How long before the home owners association gives us a warning? Any takers that we get a "memo" about public decency and keeping children fully clothed even in the summer? I am smiling just thinking about it.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Gluten Free Farmer's Market Marinated Salad- low f...
- OMG We have created a monster...a straight haired ...
- Just Keeping it Real
- An Open Letter to my Uterus
- Another Plan "B" kind of Vacation
- The New and Improved Slutsky Family Mission Statem...
- Dawn to Dusk in Virginia Beach
- The Beach Babies
- Rocking in Raleigh
- Are We There Yet? Beside the Sea Side!
- Mocha Monday and Free Pastry at Starbucks Tomorrow...
- Summer Smiles and Singing in the Rain
- A Fun Friday Filled with Freebies
- Gluten Free Chicken Nachos
- Observations from a Road Trip
- You've Got a Friend
- Mocha Mondays at McDonalds and other random free s...
- Gluten Free Pop Tarts
- Preschool Panic
- A Day in Dayton- Field Trip # 371
- Pregnancy is Contagious
- What do "NORMAL" families talk about during dinner...
- Fireworks, Friends and Fun for 10% of the Fourth
- Everyone Loves a Parade!
- Ready to go to Nana & Papa's House
- Match.com newest member, Jon Gosselin
- Our Jewish Jack Russell Terrier named John Lennon
- New Pajamas
- ▼ July (29)
- ► 2008 (221)