So the cat is out of the bag. I am having a hysterectomy next Thursday. In all honesty I am looking forward to it. Really. I am just keeping it real. Some would see major surgery as worrisome and frightening, I on the other hand, choose to see this as a real vacation.
I will be away from my "job" for 3 plus days. When I am back I will have "work restrictions" sort of like a claim of disability or workman's compensation. I will be sleeping in my 1500 thread count covered bed with the help of pharmaceuticals. My husband will be at my beck and call-(right Jeffie dear?)and I will be forced to take it easy regardless of the chaos around me. I will need special clothing for proper recuperation and of course, no vacation is complete without 24 hour room service.
As you can plainly see, this is more of a vacation than the trip to the beach last week. And there is none of that pesky sand to contend with either. You know you are the mom of a bazillion kids when you view a hysterectomy as a vacation, but oh man oh man this is gonna be great!
I am making to do lists like nobodys business. I have a lot to complete before I leave on vacation. As you can imagine it takes a bit of planning to coordinate my temporary replacement(s), I need to fill the house with supplies, I must clean and detail my future post op oasis, and like all Jappy patients- I can't go in for surgery with my hooves looking haggard, so I absolutely have to schedule time for a pedicure. No one wants to see my nasty feet in stirrups. So much to do, so little time.
Oh yeah, and since we are keeping it real, I did have a consult with a plastic surgeon. I am trying to work out the details so that I can have my "front tushie" vertical c-section scar removed. This along with some muscle repair (Diastasis) will be a hysterectomy with fringe benefits. If I can pull this off it will my all time BEST hair brained scheme ever! Sort of like killing two birds with one stone, only way better since there is time off and pain meds involved.
I am debating whether to post a photo of my current front tushie....since we are keepin it real. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Gluten Free Farmer's Market Marinated Salad- low f...
- OMG We have created a monster...a straight haired ...
- Just Keeping it Real
- An Open Letter to my Uterus
- Another Plan "B" kind of Vacation
- The New and Improved Slutsky Family Mission Statem...
- Dawn to Dusk in Virginia Beach
- The Beach Babies
- Rocking in Raleigh
- Are We There Yet? Beside the Sea Side!
- Mocha Monday and Free Pastry at Starbucks Tomorrow...
- Summer Smiles and Singing in the Rain
- A Fun Friday Filled with Freebies
- Gluten Free Chicken Nachos
- Observations from a Road Trip
- You've Got a Friend
- Mocha Mondays at McDonalds and other random free s...
- Gluten Free Pop Tarts
- Preschool Panic
- A Day in Dayton- Field Trip # 371
- Pregnancy is Contagious
- What do "NORMAL" families talk about during dinner...
- Fireworks, Friends and Fun for 10% of the Fourth
- Everyone Loves a Parade!
- Ready to go to Nana & Papa's House
- Match.com newest member, Jon Gosselin
- Our Jewish Jack Russell Terrier named John Lennon
- New Pajamas
- ▼ July (29)
- ► 2008 (221)