I make this tasty chicken recipe a couple times a month and I use the shredded chicken to fill a variety of meals- chicken nachos seem to be the quickest and easiest, but we also use the chicken for a filling in tacos, enchiladas, chopped salad, and on baked potato bars. The cooked and shredded chicken is made in the crock pot so in the Summer when you wince at turning on the oven, this is a lifesaver.
10 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen)
2 cups gluten free salsa- your fave
2 cloves garlic
2 tsp chopped cilantro (Dorot Cubes)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Place all ingredients in the crock pot on low. Cover and let cook all day. Turn off crock pot after 6+ hours.When chicken has cooled to warm, remove from sauce and shred with your fingers- the strands should be thin enough to eat without cutting. Add a few spoonfuls of liquid over the shredded pieces to keep them moist but not soaking wet. Use chicken immediately and freeze the leftovers in ziploc bags so you can make other meals in minutes.
Gluten Free Chicken Nachos- Weight Watchers version
Shredded chicken (see above)
1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
1/4 c fat free shredded cheddar
2 Tbsp fat free sour cream
Spanish Style Brown Rice
chopped red onion to taste
Baked Tostitos Scoops (14 scoops is 2 points)
Fill and layer the scoops with chicken and cheese, microwave until just warmed. Add salsa, sour cream and black beans to decorate.When counting ww points, it is all about portions, so go easy on the sour cream and cheese, and load up on the chicken, salsa, rice and black beans. Enjoy!
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Gluten Free Farmer's Market Marinated Salad- low f...
- OMG We have created a monster...a straight haired ...
- Just Keeping it Real
- An Open Letter to my Uterus
- Another Plan "B" kind of Vacation
- The New and Improved Slutsky Family Mission Statem...
- Dawn to Dusk in Virginia Beach
- The Beach Babies
- Rocking in Raleigh
- Are We There Yet? Beside the Sea Side!
- Mocha Monday and Free Pastry at Starbucks Tomorrow...
- Summer Smiles and Singing in the Rain
- A Fun Friday Filled with Freebies
- Gluten Free Chicken Nachos
- Observations from a Road Trip
- You've Got a Friend
- Mocha Mondays at McDonalds and other random free s...
- Gluten Free Pop Tarts
- Preschool Panic
- A Day in Dayton- Field Trip # 371
- Pregnancy is Contagious
- What do "NORMAL" families talk about during dinner...
- Fireworks, Friends and Fun for 10% of the Fourth
- Everyone Loves a Parade!
- Ready to go to Nana & Papa's House
- Match.com newest member, Jon Gosselin
- Our Jewish Jack Russell Terrier named John Lennon
- New Pajamas
- ▼ July (29)
- ► 2008 (221)