Welcome to the Bexley Fourth of July, Independence Day Parade. This is a major event for the local families and we were lucky enough to be invited to a party along the parade route. We got up early and ate breakfast with our fellow Americans. The food was perfect (there is nothing more festive and more weird than Red White and Blue Bagels)
and our kids were all too happy to eat alfresco. I brought a brand new GLUTEN FREE Valencia Orange cake for CJ
it is from Starbucks and comes individually wrapped. CJ the basketball all star shot hoops like a professional
and then mowed the back lawn while we patiently waited for the parade to begin. He is a guest that earns his keep.
We had rock star viewing and a close up spot for catching all the candy that was being thrown. I had no idea that the allure of the parade was catching flying candy.
I had to watch the kids like a hawk to make sure they did not eat anything with wheat or red dye. The mama bear in me roared her ugly head when the older and bigger kids kept jumping in front of my three little bears. It was hard for my guys to catch a break and score the candy. There were very few actual parade floats
instead there were random "special" cars with various local clubs and celebrated guests. There were a few loud
marching bands and dance groups to entertain. We just enjoyed being with friends and watching the patriotic chaos as everyone love a parade.
The kids thought watching a parade meant getting free candy. I confiscated the bags in the van and seperated the candy into two bowls. Take a look at how much crap has red dyeor gluten in it? This time it was about 50-50.
By the end of the morning we had done our best job of exhausting our children.It was a great start to celebrating our country because after all, everyone loves a parade! Happy Independence Day 2009.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Gluten Free Farmer's Market Marinated Salad- low f...
- OMG We have created a monster...a straight haired ...
- Just Keeping it Real
- An Open Letter to my Uterus
- Another Plan "B" kind of Vacation
- The New and Improved Slutsky Family Mission Statem...
- Dawn to Dusk in Virginia Beach
- The Beach Babies
- Rocking in Raleigh
- Are We There Yet? Beside the Sea Side!
- Mocha Monday and Free Pastry at Starbucks Tomorrow...
- Summer Smiles and Singing in the Rain
- A Fun Friday Filled with Freebies
- Gluten Free Chicken Nachos
- Observations from a Road Trip
- You've Got a Friend
- Mocha Mondays at McDonalds and other random free s...
- Gluten Free Pop Tarts
- Preschool Panic
- A Day in Dayton- Field Trip # 371
- Pregnancy is Contagious
- What do "NORMAL" families talk about during dinner...
- Fireworks, Friends and Fun for 10% of the Fourth
- Everyone Loves a Parade!
- Ready to go to Nana & Papa's House
- Match.com newest member, Jon Gosselin
- Our Jewish Jack Russell Terrier named John Lennon
- New Pajamas
- ▼ July (29)
- ► 2008 (221)