For those of you who watch slash listen slash overhear Moose A. Moose on Noggin, the lyrics to We're Going on a Trip will mean something to you. For my readers who are now confused I offer the following musical video annoyance to be burned on your brain:
and if that is not good enough to explain our current journey, let me clue you in on the additional music to match our final destination.
We are road trippin' it to Raleigh, NC followed by a sea side stay in Virginia Beach, VA. With the Kids. With Medication. With Argenida. With trepidation.
The kids could not be more excited and I am running around the house like a chicken with my head cut off. You have no idea how much work it is to take the kids away from home for a change of scenery. Beach travel adds a whole other dimension to the packing and organizing. I hope it is a worthy experience for all of us- Jeff has already threatened that this is the LAST field trip he is taking with us if anyone pukes or poops in the van.
I visualize a gorgeous family photo session on the beach- you know with the perfect looking Ralph Lauren/J. Crew clad group frolicking along the sandy shore....I am not kidding when I say I have wanted this kind of photograph ever since I met Jeff and knew that I could sucker him into having a big, loud, crazy fam damily. I will not leave the beach until we have a beautiful Kodak moment for enlargement above the fireplace. We might have to extend our trip if we can't get the good stuff at sunset. I will not drive all that way and come home empty handed.
So while we are on the road again Mitchell and Amanda will be home taking care of Lenny. If you see a bazillion cars parked in front of our house, go ahead and call the cops, I am sure they are hosting some raging party.
I am thinking about which music video will commemorate this hair brained field trip. I pray that AC/DC will not be embedded in my brain as I voyage in a mini van with four under four.
BON VOYAGE, are we there yet?
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Gluten Free Farmer's Market Marinated Salad- low f...
- OMG We have created a monster...a straight haired ...
- Just Keeping it Real
- An Open Letter to my Uterus
- Another Plan "B" kind of Vacation
- The New and Improved Slutsky Family Mission Statem...
- Dawn to Dusk in Virginia Beach
- The Beach Babies
- Rocking in Raleigh
- Are We There Yet? Beside the Sea Side!
- Mocha Monday and Free Pastry at Starbucks Tomorrow...
- Summer Smiles and Singing in the Rain
- A Fun Friday Filled with Freebies
- Gluten Free Chicken Nachos
- Observations from a Road Trip
- You've Got a Friend
- Mocha Mondays at McDonalds and other random free s...
- Gluten Free Pop Tarts
- Preschool Panic
- A Day in Dayton- Field Trip # 371
- Pregnancy is Contagious
- What do "NORMAL" families talk about during dinner...
- Fireworks, Friends and Fun for 10% of the Fourth
- Everyone Loves a Parade!
- Ready to go to Nana & Papa's House
- Match.com newest member, Jon Gosselin
- Our Jewish Jack Russell Terrier named John Lennon
- New Pajamas
- ▼ July (29)
- ► 2008 (221)