There is not a febreeze product or Yankee candle that makes the house smell better than this recipe. It is a favorite at our house. You can make it as a traditional loaf or make it into muffins. We are purists and like it just as is, but if you favor nuts or chocolate chips, add them at your discretion.
This recipe is great way to use up some otherwise undesirable over ripe bananas. It works best if the peel is dotted with speckles or is really tarnished from yellow.
This gluten free recipe is moist and delicious you won't believe it is really gluten free. When you scroll down and see that I don't have photos of the muffins, you will understand they were eaten before I could capture them on my camera. Jeff did not know they were gluten free.
2 cups Jules Nearly Normal Gluten Free flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
4-5 very ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and powder, salt.In a large bowl cream together eggs and sugar. Stir in mashed bananas, vanilla, oil and cinnamon. Stir in flour mixture, a third at a time, until just combined. Divide batter into lined muffin tinsor loaf pans sprayed with non stick spray. Bake until toothpick comes out clean- do not over bake.I always show the finished product but in this case I left the muffins on the counter to cool and when I came back an hour later they were gone. GONE! Sorry, blog readers, Jeff ate them.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Our Two Year Old BABY
- He's a Keeper
- On The Road (again)
- Garage Sale Fiasco- We are NEGATIVE $310.00
- The Ultimate Gluten Free Shopping Spree at Costco
- The dog formerly known as Jack
- Now this is what I call a Block Party
- If you love other people's blatant stupidity, chec...
- The Glory of the Garage Sale
- Father's Day Fun
- Gluten Free Vanilla Custard Pie
- Field Trip # 368 Sugar Snap Peas
- Look At Who Just Turned Two!
- The New Albany Pool Barbies
- The Long Trip Home
- Day Four- full of fun
- Day Three- Celebrating 90
- FINALLY!!! The Change of Scenery Report, Day One a...
- Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan
- Plan B and the Pink Patio Party
- Taking a Break at the Wine Guy
- Sweet, Sticky, Summery Smiles
- It's My Blog and I'll Rant If I Want To
- Slutsky Summer Schedule- success so far!
- Really Moist and Totally Delicious Gluten Free Ban...
- Root Beer Floats from Sonic- YES! It is officiall...
- Fear Factors with Ronald Mc Donald
- Bloopers and Unworthy Blog Photos
- ▼ June (28)
- ► 2008 (221)