We schlepped the kids all the way to Indianapolis today. The drive is 3 hours each way so we are certifiably insane. Four kids, 6 hours, and the Willie Nelson lyrics, "I just can't wait to be on the road again" NEVER EVER entered my mind. Since the Levy side was having a mini family reunion we could not say no. We went.
I could bore you with all the details of the drive but this video pretty much sums up the highlight of the beautiful journey on I-70.
My kids were jammin to some Skynard. Let's face it my kids like music of all kinds. Jeff is pure classic rock and roll with some Broadway musical thrown in for his metro sexual side, Argenida listens to Latin Pop, Mitchell is into Hip Hop and Amanda has tastes all over the place, so when Sweet Home Alabama was cranked my children just rolled with it.
The kids had an absolute ball at the party. The cousins were in full bloom so our kids just blended in and joined in the festivities. What child would not love a home with a koi pond, lovely garden with a wooden bridge and a pool? These are things that other people have- not us, so going to visit relatives with pristine backyards is a treat for them and me.
The food was amazing because not only was it ready to eat when we got there, it was fresh, delish
and artfully displayed on the trays. I give Robin huge props for maintaining a weed free 1 acre lush zone, catering a luncheon for 50 people, and doing it all with a mother in law in ICU. She thinks having 4 kids under 4 is rough....nah, she's got me beat this week.
Hmmmm, perhaps we should put some Willie Nelson on the I-pod for the next trip, by then maybe the kids will have forgotten all about Leonard Skynard and will be humming along with Mommie, Daddy and Willie.
On the road again
Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world be turnin' our way
And our way Is on the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Our Two Year Old BABY
- He's a Keeper
- On The Road (again)
- Garage Sale Fiasco- We are NEGATIVE $310.00
- The Ultimate Gluten Free Shopping Spree at Costco
- The dog formerly known as Jack
- Now this is what I call a Block Party
- If you love other people's blatant stupidity, chec...
- The Glory of the Garage Sale
- Father's Day Fun
- Gluten Free Vanilla Custard Pie
- Field Trip # 368 Sugar Snap Peas
- Look At Who Just Turned Two!
- The New Albany Pool Barbies
- The Long Trip Home
- Day Four- full of fun
- Day Three- Celebrating 90
- FINALLY!!! The Change of Scenery Report, Day One a...
- Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan
- Plan B and the Pink Patio Party
- Taking a Break at the Wine Guy
- Sweet, Sticky, Summery Smiles
- It's My Blog and I'll Rant If I Want To
- Slutsky Summer Schedule- success so far!
- Really Moist and Totally Delicious Gluten Free Ban...
- Root Beer Floats from Sonic- YES! It is officiall...
- Fear Factors with Ronald Mc Donald
- Bloopers and Unworthy Blog Photos
- ▼ June (28)
- ► 2008 (221)