Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Long Trip Home

The drive home was long. It rained most of the way East on I-70 and we made a few more stops this time. The kids were well behaved but decided to be hellions in shifts. I would have preferred to have them all meltdown at once rather than stretching it out in stages for miles.

We were on our way to my friend Don's house in St. Louis when a minivan passed us honking and waving. We assumed it was another triplet mom who saw our window decal, but I later found out (thanks facebook) that it was my high school friend Kerry who saw my status updates and actually saw us taking the freak show on the road. How cool is that?

We got to Don's and the kids went bonkers. Don has a little dog named Bitsy and the kids were over the moon playing with her. It was great to see Don and his darling kids. I even recruited his daughter to be my Summer helper next year. The highlight of the visit to Don's included watching the trash truck. Poor Don, he had no idea what it is like when 4 kids under 4 invade your home after being buckled up in a car seat for hours. Live and learn my friends, live and learn!

Somewhere around Terre Haute, Indiana our Drama Queen decided to have a full on meltdown. It all started when she needed a band-aid for some imaginary boo boo, and it escalated from there. Believe me, there was nothing we could do or say to please her, and the only time she would quit howling was when I turned the camera on her. That trick worked a few times then it didn't and this is what we were dealing with:
video
For the coward who anonymously left a comment on my blog about my parenting- try this on for size, okay? Thankfully, this shrieking and shrying was a solo performance.

Most of the miles went quickly and at one point it was fun to look in the back of the van and see my cuties enjoying the trip.

Jeff and I took turns driving and in all honesty, it was not that bad. I am sure it will only get easier as they get older.

Now it back to life, back to reality. I will be vacuuming raisins and peanuts, doing laundry and trying to get back in our summer groove. It is good to be back home again.

3 comments:

Nothing shocks me anymore... said...

The video of Miss N take me back to the scream fest just outside of Ocean City last summer. You have to love traveling with young children. Love the blog- so many of your stories are my reality also. MoM's truley get *IT*!

Melanie said...

I LOVE the video!!!!!! There is nothing better as a parent as seeing your kid throw a massive fit and knowing that we are all just adding to their years of therapy later in life!

The Wright Trips said...

I'm a little offended by her "Goodbye" to us faithful viewers. LOL. Hey! At least I didn't hear any cussing in this one. Those kiddos are still so freakin' cute as ever! Love it

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter