So far so good. I keep waiting for the new addition to do something wrong and after 5 days of genuine noise and torture by our kids he is doing his business outdoors, sleeping great, eating well, and being friendly with everyone. Can this be possible? I really want his placement with us to work out, so I am being realistic that he is a dog and I am sure this is a honeymoon phase. I am not totally delusional.
This boy is so sweet and mellow, especially for a Jack Russell. He reminds all of us of The Beetle dog because he is more like an Old Jewish Man than a stereotypical hyper JRT. Both Beetle and The Dog Formerly Known as Jack love to just hang out, snooze in the sun that streams in from the window, and be with their people. His swagger and short stocky build make him strong but his personality is a like a pint sized person. He adores the kids and is already just cool to sit back and watch over them. We took him to Lambton Park and as he surveyed the grounds for potential squirrels, rabbits and birds, and still managed to keep his eyes on the kids as they threw rocks in the pond.
We know he is not starved for attention or activity. Now I just add him to the list of "people" that I have to exhaust from mealtime to bedtime each day. Believe it or not, he has LESS energy than our children, so he is simple and easy to tucker out.
I think he is a keeper. Now we just have to settle on his new name.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Our Two Year Old BABY
- He's a Keeper
- On The Road (again)
- Garage Sale Fiasco- We are NEGATIVE $310.00
- The Ultimate Gluten Free Shopping Spree at Costco
- The dog formerly known as Jack
- Now this is what I call a Block Party
- If you love other people's blatant stupidity, chec...
- The Glory of the Garage Sale
- Father's Day Fun
- Gluten Free Vanilla Custard Pie
- Field Trip # 368 Sugar Snap Peas
- Look At Who Just Turned Two!
- The New Albany Pool Barbies
- The Long Trip Home
- Day Four- full of fun
- Day Three- Celebrating 90
- FINALLY!!! The Change of Scenery Report, Day One a...
- Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan
- Plan B and the Pink Patio Party
- Taking a Break at the Wine Guy
- Sweet, Sticky, Summery Smiles
- It's My Blog and I'll Rant If I Want To
- Slutsky Summer Schedule- success so far!
- Really Moist and Totally Delicious Gluten Free Ban...
- Root Beer Floats from Sonic- YES! It is officiall...
- Fear Factors with Ronald Mc Donald
- Bloopers and Unworthy Blog Photos
- ▼ June (28)
- ► 2008 (221)