Friday, June 12, 2009

Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan

This is a dish that rivals any breaded chicken parm. The flavor is amazing and the texture is dead on with the real deal. No one will know the chicken is gluten free unless you tell them. I serve this with angel hair and marinara so if you are a split household with some gf and some non gf diners, just boil two separate pastas and the meal is complete for everyone.

I make my own Marinara in a crock pot but for this recipe you can use a GF jarred sauce or your own- it is a personal decision. This meal is a favorite batch recipe for freezing so you can double or triple the quantities for storage.

Ingredients:
6-8 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
3 eggs beaten
2 TBSP Italian Seasoning
1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Cup Jules Nearly Normal Flour
1 Cup Mashed Potato Flakes (dry)
1 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup olive oil
Marinara Sauce

Place the beaten egg in a shallow dish and set aside. Mix Parmesan, flour, and flakes and stir in Italian Seasonings to make a bread crumb like mixture- place in a shallow bowl and set next to the egg.Dip each chicken breast in the egg to coat, then cover in crumbs on both sides to complete cover the chicken. Set aside until all chicken is breaded.

Heat skillet on high with about 1 inch of vegetable oil/olive oil combination. When oil is hot but not smoking, gently add the chickenand cook until light golden on both sides. Chicken should not be cooked through in the center- just browned for color. Drain on paper towels and place in pyrex baking dish side by side. Put a generous dollop of marinara sauce a top each chicken breast and sprinkle with cheese.Bake covered with foil for 45 minutes at 325 degrees. Serve with your choice of pastaand additional marinara sauce. Freeze any leftovers. Ciao!

1 comment:

Sharon Williams said...

Helen, My name is Sharon Williams, I was reading a friend of mine blog (The Janese Triplets),that is where I saw your blog. The reason I am writing, because I have recently been told I have celiac and need to be on a gluten free diet. I saw where you have several recipes that are GF, can you tell me where you get Jules Nearly Normal Gleten Free flour? I would love more recipes if you have time. I can't wait to try the chocolate fudge cakes. Thank you for your time. Here is my email address: cmycloset21@comcast.net I live in Deer Park, Texas my cell number is 713.824.5155 Again, Thank you for your time! Sharon

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter