This is a dish that rivals any breaded chicken parm. The flavor is amazing and the texture is dead on with the real deal. No one will know the chicken is gluten free unless you tell them. I serve this with angel hair and marinara so if you are a split household with some gf and some non gf diners, just boil two separate pastas and the meal is complete for everyone.
I make my own Marinara in a crock pot but for this recipe you can use a GF jarred sauce or your own- it is a personal decision. This meal is a favorite batch recipe for freezing so you can double or triple the quantities for storage.
6-8 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
3 eggs beaten
2 TBSP Italian Seasoning
1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Cup Jules Nearly Normal Flour
1 Cup Mashed Potato Flakes (dry)
1 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup olive oil
Place the beaten egg in a shallow dish and set aside. Mix Parmesan, flour, and flakes and stir in Italian Seasonings to make a bread crumb like mixture- place in a shallow bowl and set next to the egg.Dip each chicken breast in the egg to coat, then cover in crumbs on both sides to complete cover the chicken. Set aside until all chicken is breaded.
Heat skillet on high with about 1 inch of vegetable oil/olive oil combination. When oil is hot but not smoking, gently add the chickenand cook until light golden on both sides. Chicken should not be cooked through in the center- just browned for color. Drain on paper towels and place in pyrex baking dish side by side. Put a generous dollop of marinara sauce a top each chicken breast and sprinkle with cheese.Bake covered with foil for 45 minutes at 325 degrees. Serve with your choice of pastaand additional marinara sauce. Freeze any leftovers. Ciao!
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Our Two Year Old BABY
- He's a Keeper
- On The Road (again)
- Garage Sale Fiasco- We are NEGATIVE $310.00
- The Ultimate Gluten Free Shopping Spree at Costco
- The dog formerly known as Jack
- Now this is what I call a Block Party
- If you love other people's blatant stupidity, chec...
- The Glory of the Garage Sale
- Father's Day Fun
- Gluten Free Vanilla Custard Pie
- Field Trip # 368 Sugar Snap Peas
- Look At Who Just Turned Two!
- The New Albany Pool Barbies
- The Long Trip Home
- Day Four- full of fun
- Day Three- Celebrating 90
- FINALLY!!! The Change of Scenery Report, Day One a...
- Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan
- Plan B and the Pink Patio Party
- Taking a Break at the Wine Guy
- Sweet, Sticky, Summery Smiles
- It's My Blog and I'll Rant If I Want To
- Slutsky Summer Schedule- success so far!
- Really Moist and Totally Delicious Gluten Free Ban...
- Root Beer Floats from Sonic- YES! It is officiall...
- Fear Factors with Ronald Mc Donald
- Bloopers and Unworthy Blog Photos
- ▼ June (28)
- ► 2008 (221)