My children are fearless. They have no fear at all.
Tonight Jeff and I took them to the outdoor play structure at Mc Donalds in Gahanna while Argenida had her ESL class. This is a version of the play space in Westerville only it is designed for days with pleasant dry weather. It is located in the parking lot--outside. Yes outside. Why they put this in Central Ohio I am not sure. Most days it is too cold or too wet but tonight it was ideal. So we unloaded the van and let them release their energy.
Wheeeee the squeals of delight could have been heard in Hilliard.
It took all of 8 seconds before Eli noticed the spongey turf material on the floor path. It is padded and rubbery giving it lots of bounce for the ounce. As soon as Eli showed CJ and Natalie the cushiony trampoline like qualities they decided to make the most of it. They took turns (very patiently by the way) jumping off of the stairs.
They did this about 750 times- I stopped counting after 500 free falls. They were insane about jumping off the steps.
After the initial excitement of the jumping, they all noticed the statue of Ronald Mc Donald on the park bench. They climbed up one side of him and down the other
and it looked as though Ronald Mc Donald was some child molester or pervert. What man dressed as a freakish clown sits on a park bench watching children play? P-E-R-V! He was grinning as the children were doing all kinds of crazy on him. I would hate to think what our friend Barry Klein would think or say. OY!
So as I live my own reality show- part What Not To Wear, part Fear Factor, part Romper Room, I want to personally thank Barry for inventing the Mc Donald clown and making Mc Donalds a kid friendly destination. Clown Schmown, I would hate to think of what I might do without this resource. My own personal fear factor includes dealing with my kids without Mc Donalds play areas!
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Our Two Year Old BABY
- He's a Keeper
- On The Road (again)
- Garage Sale Fiasco- We are NEGATIVE $310.00
- The Ultimate Gluten Free Shopping Spree at Costco
- The dog formerly known as Jack
- Now this is what I call a Block Party
- If you love other people's blatant stupidity, chec...
- The Glory of the Garage Sale
- Father's Day Fun
- Gluten Free Vanilla Custard Pie
- Field Trip # 368 Sugar Snap Peas
- Look At Who Just Turned Two!
- The New Albany Pool Barbies
- The Long Trip Home
- Day Four- full of fun
- Day Three- Celebrating 90
- FINALLY!!! The Change of Scenery Report, Day One a...
- Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan
- Plan B and the Pink Patio Party
- Taking a Break at the Wine Guy
- Sweet, Sticky, Summery Smiles
- It's My Blog and I'll Rant If I Want To
- Slutsky Summer Schedule- success so far!
- Really Moist and Totally Delicious Gluten Free Ban...
- Root Beer Floats from Sonic- YES! It is officiall...
- Fear Factors with Ronald Mc Donald
- Bloopers and Unworthy Blog Photos
- ▼ June (28)
- ► 2008 (221)