If you follow this blog daily, and you read yesterdays post about the block party you are not too surprised to see the title of this post, are you? Ahhh, you know me so well, don't you?
He is all ours now. It is official. This amazing guy is 4 years old, sweet as sugar, and we got him the minute the shelter opened this morning.
We know his history because his owner died and he was surrendered to the shelter. This dog hit the jackpot lottery today. I would think that being a dog in a nice Jewish family is a slam dunk in terms of canine lifestyle. He will never know bad weather, he will have the finest medical attention and when it comes to eating, G-d Forbid he should want for anything.
The only thing we need to do is re-name him, according to the shelter his name is/was Jack. Having a Jack Russell Terrier named Jack is just too cliche for me, and besides, Jeff and I have a nephew named Jack Slutsky so that is nixed. Our previous Jack Russells had names related to the Beatles, and while we could go there again, we are letting the older children assist in the selection of his new and improved name. (Unless Mitchell continues suggesting Ohio State players and random streams of conscienceness)
So, NU, he is a Jewish boy now and we will announce his name on the eighth day. I guess since he is neutered we can skip the circumcision ceremony and go straight to the brunch. I am open to suggestions for names, so take a look at his precious smiling face, and leave a comment. We have seven days left to make our decision.
Mazel Tov to our new dog formerly known as Jack. Brunch is next Thursday at 11:00.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Our Two Year Old BABY
- He's a Keeper
- On The Road (again)
- Garage Sale Fiasco- We are NEGATIVE $310.00
- The Ultimate Gluten Free Shopping Spree at Costco
- The dog formerly known as Jack
- Now this is what I call a Block Party
- If you love other people's blatant stupidity, chec...
- The Glory of the Garage Sale
- Father's Day Fun
- Gluten Free Vanilla Custard Pie
- Field Trip # 368 Sugar Snap Peas
- Look At Who Just Turned Two!
- The New Albany Pool Barbies
- The Long Trip Home
- Day Four- full of fun
- Day Three- Celebrating 90
- FINALLY!!! The Change of Scenery Report, Day One a...
- Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan
- Plan B and the Pink Patio Party
- Taking a Break at the Wine Guy
- Sweet, Sticky, Summery Smiles
- It's My Blog and I'll Rant If I Want To
- Slutsky Summer Schedule- success so far!
- Really Moist and Totally Delicious Gluten Free Ban...
- Root Beer Floats from Sonic- YES! It is officiall...
- Fear Factors with Ronald Mc Donald
- Bloopers and Unworthy Blog Photos
- ▼ June (28)
- ► 2008 (221)