It is not often if ever that people get to attend their baby sister's 90th birthday party. My grandmother and our entire family were lucky enough to be included in Aunt Dorothy's 90th bash. How cool is it that Aunt Dorothy had 3 OLDER siblings at her party?
I am serious when I say, in our family, 90 is the new 75. Don't these 90 somethings look amazing? Dorothy is the baby in the teal sweater set and my grandmother who is a spry 98 is seated next to her. Uncle Jules is going to be (G-d willing) 94 next week and Aunt Florence who traveled from Maryland is only 95. WOW, just wow!
Dorothy's children hosted her affair at Zest in Mission Farms. We had a intimate private dining area for our champagne luncheon.
The plasma screen played all the old home movies that were recently converted to dvd format, so while we were eating we got to be entertained with previous simchas scrolling along the wall. I took a bunch of family photos to document the day and after reviewing the images I am still in awe of the honored guest and her siblings.
We took the kids and some of the out of towners with us to Waldo Pizza for dinner. CJ was in hog heaven with gluten free pizza
and gluten free cupcakes. All the cousins attended andI have been trying to get a decent image of all of Nana and Papa's grandchildren, ever since the Jayhawk photo of last year, and I was able to assemble the kids at Waldo Pizza and take this line-upmug shot of the 6 under 4 years. Everyone was enjoying the dinner
and the party like atmosphere. The kids played in the game room and would have gone througb a hundred bucks if we had let them.
I helped Eli score this stuffed animal lobster and it is so cute, not worth 65 tries at a buck a piece though, so after a few failed attempts I convinced my brood to step away from the machine- I told them I would buy them a stuffed animal at CVS on the way back to the hotel, and I did. I spent $5 and some change and I was pleased that it ended right then and there.
We called it a night, put the kids in their sleeping bags and got geared up for day 4. This whole change of scenery is working out just fine. So far.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Our Two Year Old BABY
- He's a Keeper
- On The Road (again)
- Garage Sale Fiasco- We are NEGATIVE $310.00
- The Ultimate Gluten Free Shopping Spree at Costco
- The dog formerly known as Jack
- Now this is what I call a Block Party
- If you love other people's blatant stupidity, chec...
- The Glory of the Garage Sale
- Father's Day Fun
- Gluten Free Vanilla Custard Pie
- Field Trip # 368 Sugar Snap Peas
- Look At Who Just Turned Two!
- The New Albany Pool Barbies
- The Long Trip Home
- Day Four- full of fun
- Day Three- Celebrating 90
- FINALLY!!! The Change of Scenery Report, Day One a...
- Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan
- Plan B and the Pink Patio Party
- Taking a Break at the Wine Guy
- Sweet, Sticky, Summery Smiles
- It's My Blog and I'll Rant If I Want To
- Slutsky Summer Schedule- success so far!
- Really Moist and Totally Delicious Gluten Free Ban...
- Root Beer Floats from Sonic- YES! It is officiall...
- Fear Factors with Ronald Mc Donald
- Bloopers and Unworthy Blog Photos
- ▼ June (28)
- ► 2008 (221)