I know that gluten free and oatmeal are oxymorons but not anymore. I have found a wonderful gluten free rolled oats product. While I have yet to serve it as hot cereal I have used in in baking and it rocks. The product is made in Powell, Wyoming by Forrest Smith a celiac kid who developed the gluten free oats as part of an FFA project. You can learn more about the amazing oats on their website.
So now with the Gluten Free Oats and Jules Nearly Normal Gluten free flour as my sublime resources, I can offer CJ some amazing cookies that are loaded with fiber and nutrition yet taste delicious.
Here is the recipe:
Preheat the oven to 375.
3 cups GF rolled oats
1 cup raisins (microwave in 1/2 c water to plump)
1/2 c Packed Brown sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
2 large eggs
1/2 stick softened butter
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups Jules Nearly Normal GF flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Beat sugars, applesauce, eggs, butter, oil and vanilla in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixeruntil light and fluffy, about 5minutes. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamonin another bowl. Stir the flour mixture into the wet batter mixture with a spoon.Stir in the oats, and drained raisins; mix well.
Drop the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake, one sheet at a time, until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks and let cool.
This dough spreads so make sure the cookies are far enough apart.
Eli was kind enough to model the enjoyment process for the blog.
He was the first up from naps and told me that the cookies smelled like cimmammon.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Summer Sunday with the Slutskys
- Triplet Mania
- Gluten Free Almond Shortcakes with Fresh Strawberi...
- Strawberry Fields Forever!
- Only Made in Italy Will Do
- Pink Panties- Oy Vay!
- The Real Housewives of Franklin County- the Memori...
- Shout out to Mitchell
- The Start of a Slutsky Summer
- The Gluten Free Shabbat Challah becomes Gluten Fre...
- It is not a Party until someone Pukes or Pees
- Here Comes the Sun
- The Jumparounds also known as the crack cocaine of...
- See Guys- you used to play nicely together
- My Old Life versus My New Life- who wants to play ...
- Just a moment in time
- Fun with Office Supplies
- Soft and Chewy, Totally Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin...
- Kids Say the Darndest Things- The Slutsky Edition-...
- Valley of the Sun- the Queen's Vacation
- How I do it ALL!
- Play Date Play Great
- They are In LOVE
- Mother's Day Weekend
- The Preschool Picassos and Parents make for a mega...
- Orgasmic GLUTEN FREE chocolate fudge cakes
- The Invasion of Nana & Papa
- Gluten Free Pizza and Recess Duty
- A Mother's Job- BOTHERING THE CHILDREN
- Kate Gosselin versus Flock of Sea Gulls will it st...
- Au Pair Palooza- also known as the International A...
- The Jewish Martha Stewart
- ▼ May (32)
- ► 2008 (221)