With a title like this, I know you are reading on and on....refreshing the page, and reading it over and over- it is okay, you deserve this, even if you are not gluten free. Orgasmic is good, especially gluten free orgasmic.
I used a mini bundt panto make individual little cakes and with the left over batter I made a tray of mini muffin cupcakes
for the willing taste testers. OMG....these were too rich, gooey, chocolatey and moist to be thought of as stereotypical gluten free cake, so let's just say I rocked it. They are truly heaven, and dare I say, ORGASMIC.
I followed the package directions on the Bob's Red MillGluten Free Chocolate Cake mix, minus the lemon juice as indicated on the package. Instead I added 2 tsp of almond extract. This gives the cake batter a clean, almondy taste and makes the flavor really pop. I greased the pans with butter flavored Pam and then iced them with the secret weapon of a frosting.
I unmolded the mini cakes on to some parchment paper to let them cool. Meanwhile, I made the chocolate glazeby boiling 1/2 a stick of butter, 1/4 c half & half and 2 cups of powdered sugar stirring constantly. Once it is really boiling like crazy, I removed it from the heat and stirred in 1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips. The chips melt as stirred into the frosting. Let this melted mixture cool in the saucepan for a few minutes, re-stir and pour or drizzle it over the cakes. It works best if you spoon it over the tops so that it drips down the sides and then sets.
This is what they look like as they are firming up- you can put them in the fridge until you are ready to plate and serve them. I decorate the centers with fresh raspberries and I serve them with a dollop of whipped cream and a mint leaf, but I did not have either when I was snapping photosso this is what my half assed presentation looks like minus the props.
If you want to really knock the socks off a gluten free lifestyle woman- make these cakes and don't look back. There is a reason why I titled the post this way. She will thank me later.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Summer Sunday with the Slutskys
- Triplet Mania
- Gluten Free Almond Shortcakes with Fresh Strawberi...
- Strawberry Fields Forever!
- Only Made in Italy Will Do
- Pink Panties- Oy Vay!
- The Real Housewives of Franklin County- the Memori...
- Shout out to Mitchell
- The Start of a Slutsky Summer
- The Gluten Free Shabbat Challah becomes Gluten Fre...
- It is not a Party until someone Pukes or Pees
- Here Comes the Sun
- The Jumparounds also known as the crack cocaine of...
- See Guys- you used to play nicely together
- My Old Life versus My New Life- who wants to play ...
- Just a moment in time
- Fun with Office Supplies
- Soft and Chewy, Totally Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin...
- Kids Say the Darndest Things- The Slutsky Edition-...
- Valley of the Sun- the Queen's Vacation
- How I do it ALL!
- Play Date Play Great
- They are In LOVE
- Mother's Day Weekend
- The Preschool Picassos and Parents make for a mega...
- Orgasmic GLUTEN FREE chocolate fudge cakes
- The Invasion of Nana & Papa
- Gluten Free Pizza and Recess Duty
- A Mother's Job- BOTHERING THE CHILDREN
- Kate Gosselin versus Flock of Sea Gulls will it st...
- Au Pair Palooza- also known as the International A...
- The Jewish Martha Stewart
- ▼ May (32)
- ► 2008 (221)