Whew, with a title like this I am sure I will get a bunch of google hits, but how in my right mind can I call the proper attention to my latest rant. The Jumparounds. The newest addition to preschool on tv. Pardon me while I hurl.
I could not help but notice the short music videos between our favorite shows. I noticed them because the annoying music and over-choreographed dance moves are gawd awful. As a parent I try to walk the fine line between my needs and wants and those of my offspring. When it comes to the Jumparounds there is little compromise. My kids LOVE them and I HATE them. This would normally be the end of the story because as an adult in my home, it is my way or the highway, but the Jumparounds are like crack cocaine for toddlers. They are addicted. My children need methadone for their dependency on the queer Jumparounds. All four of my kids have re-named themselves and I am now the mama of Twist, Marina, Shout and Kiki...and the worst part is CJ is calling himself Marina. Oy Vay. The shame.
I am sure the fabulous folks at Nick are proud of their latest creation. I am less than enthralled, especially since during a rap segment the beat box makes the ratta tatta tat and the matching hand movement is illustrated by a pointed gun motion. Appropriate? Not.
The Jumparounds are like nails on a chalkboard unless you are three years old and think the sun rises and sets with Kiki, Shout, Twist and Marina. Meanwhile, I want to open a vein. The sad part is that this won't be the last time my kids and I disagree on music....omg, I did not know that I would have this problem while they were still in preschool. I assumed we would have different tastes by the time they were in junior high- but c'mon they are three years old for crying out loud. At three they want to listen to this crap- why must they have an opinion?
Listen to these short videos if you have not had the "pleasure" of being familiar with the sound of unadulterated hell.
I am convinced the Jumparounds are pure evil. I am sure if you play the music videos backwards they say, "John Lennon is dead" or something like that. You heard about them here first- The JUMPAROUNDS- be forewarned.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Summer Sunday with the Slutskys
- Triplet Mania
- Gluten Free Almond Shortcakes with Fresh Strawberi...
- Strawberry Fields Forever!
- Only Made in Italy Will Do
- Pink Panties- Oy Vay!
- The Real Housewives of Franklin County- the Memori...
- Shout out to Mitchell
- The Start of a Slutsky Summer
- The Gluten Free Shabbat Challah becomes Gluten Fre...
- It is not a Party until someone Pukes or Pees
- Here Comes the Sun
- The Jumparounds also known as the crack cocaine of...
- See Guys- you used to play nicely together
- My Old Life versus My New Life- who wants to play ...
- Just a moment in time
- Fun with Office Supplies
- Soft and Chewy, Totally Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin...
- Kids Say the Darndest Things- The Slutsky Edition-...
- Valley of the Sun- the Queen's Vacation
- How I do it ALL!
- Play Date Play Great
- They are In LOVE
- Mother's Day Weekend
- The Preschool Picassos and Parents make for a mega...
- Orgasmic GLUTEN FREE chocolate fudge cakes
- The Invasion of Nana & Papa
- Gluten Free Pizza and Recess Duty
- A Mother's Job- BOTHERING THE CHILDREN
- Kate Gosselin versus Flock of Sea Gulls will it st...
- Au Pair Palooza- also known as the International A...
- The Jewish Martha Stewart
- ▼ May (32)
- ► 2008 (221)