We had a fabulous weekend as a family. We spent countless hours at the neighborhood playground and park. Daddy was totally engaged with his kids and it was joyous to watch from the lens of my camera.
I love watching him bond with the kids while I capture it on my digital. Nothing motivates a Mommie more than watching the Daddy do a great job. Good parenting is downright sexy.
When we finally got home I asked Jeff to color with the kids while I was busy upstairs. I could hear him interacting with the children and he was doing a phenomenal job of keeping them busy and entertained. At one point I overheard him talking about drawing a picture of Mommie. I went about my business and was looking forward to seeing the preschool rendition of myself when I returned. I even shouted from upstairs that they should draw some pictures of Daddy too, secretly hoping to buy some more time for a few more minutes. They all seemed to be into this art session- there were no whining voices or reprimands being given so I did not give it another thought. I was happy he was working with them at the kitchen table. Good stuff.
I quietly came downstairs and asked to see what they drew. To my horror the children weren't using the crayons at all, they were watching Daddy color. This is what he drew:While I am quite sure this self portrait is how Daddy thinks of himself, I am not so sure why he drew Mommie to look like this:What really scares me is that the kids thought he was an amazing artist. OY! They were proud of his accomplishment with construction paper and crayon. They do not realize that he is delusional and is an abstract illustrator. They are so impressionable and he is not an impressionist. Note to self, ask for consult for breast lift when getting the tummy tuck estimate.
I must enroll them in some art classes this summer otherwise they will think Daddy has genuine artistic talent. Please tell me he does not think of himself as ripped with a narrow waist? Jeff is truly gifted in some things, but daddy day care and art classes aren't it.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Gluten Free Menus for Restaurant Dining
- When you care enough to create the very best for M...
- Helene Slutsky's list of Don't Bothers and Sucky P...
- Helene Slutsky's list of Favorite Things
- Spring in Full Bloom
- Our March with Babies
- Our visit to The Ohio State University NICU
- Gluten Free Carrot Raisin Cakes
- I am speechless
- Blooms and Butterflies are Breathtaking
- Face in a Hole
- Why our Daddy should not color with our impression...
- Playgrounds, Picnics, Ponds and Proms
- The Whole Foods Dance Party
- One Step, Crock Pot, Gluten Free, Spicy BBQ Pork ...
- Rama Lama Ding Dong
- Rain Rain Go Away
- OY the Nat-i-tude
- For the love of Sunny Skies
- The Slutskys are Cashews
- Fabulous Fajita Fridays
- Gluten Free Noodle Kugel
- The Silly Slutsky Seder
- Passover Whine
- Free Coffee
- Sam Edelman is Sexy
- Birthday Bash and Bargains
- Sharing Sake and Sushi for Shabbat
- Gluten Free Blue Cornbread Muffins
- Tuition is $21,000 but you get FREE COFFEE
- Another Pasta Post
- My April Fools joke lasts all year
- ▼ April (33)
- ► 2008 (221)