Every once in a while I get a wild hair to let the munchkins do something a bit crazy. I let my Mommie guard down and encourage them act like kids. This fly by the seat of my pants parenting is good in small doses.
I set the table with all of the ingredients for a sundae bar.There was chocolate ice cream, whipped cream, nuts, strawberries and Hershey's syrup. I scooped the ice cream and let the monkeys make their own sundaes. There were no rules, just a free for all with the toppings.
After all the giggling and squealing with excitement they did a damn fine job of creating dessert.
I captured their delight and smiles with my camera although I should have used video so you could hear all the yum yum noises from CJ.
They were stripped of their clothing and just enjoyed being in the Sundae-palooza moment.
The mess made was easily cleaned up with some elbow grease, clorox clean up spray and a few too many paper towels. The kids got to take a long, steamy shower which seemed to rinse away all the evidence of their good time.
I think we are going to make this a regular event. It was the perfect end to a long day- Sundae-palooza and a shower, it does not get any better.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Gluten Free Menus for Restaurant Dining
- When you care enough to create the very best for M...
- Helene Slutsky's list of Don't Bothers and Sucky P...
- Helene Slutsky's list of Favorite Things
- Spring in Full Bloom
- Our March with Babies
- Our visit to The Ohio State University NICU
- Gluten Free Carrot Raisin Cakes
- I am speechless
- Blooms and Butterflies are Breathtaking
- Face in a Hole
- Why our Daddy should not color with our impression...
- Playgrounds, Picnics, Ponds and Proms
- The Whole Foods Dance Party
- One Step, Crock Pot, Gluten Free, Spicy BBQ Pork ...
- Rama Lama Ding Dong
- Rain Rain Go Away
- OY the Nat-i-tude
- For the love of Sunny Skies
- The Slutskys are Cashews
- Fabulous Fajita Fridays
- Gluten Free Noodle Kugel
- The Silly Slutsky Seder
- Passover Whine
- Free Coffee
- Sam Edelman is Sexy
- Birthday Bash and Bargains
- Sharing Sake and Sushi for Shabbat
- Gluten Free Blue Cornbread Muffins
- Tuition is $21,000 but you get FREE COFFEE
- Another Pasta Post
- My April Fools joke lasts all year
- ▼ April (33)
- ► 2008 (221)