It is widely known that my family, The Slutskys, are nuts. We are silly, crazy and wacky people. Most of us are Jewish and some of us are Catholic. So combined, we are all just nuts- some Catholic, some Jews. I think this officially makes us a combination of the two: CASHEWS!
We share in all things lovely about family- being together, letting the cousins play, hunting Easter Eggs, hiding the Affikkomen, eating chocolate bunnies and snacking on Passover macaroons. It is all good stuff so why should it matter if we have a different house of worship? The kids just know one thing- playing with the cousins is FUN!
We went to Connor and Jack's for a Spring Celebration of Easter. The cousins hunted for plastic filled eggs, and enjoyed being outside in the sunshine. They all invaded the yard and were really engaged in finding the eggies.
After they tromped across the yard, checked under shrubs and in the garden beds, they filled their baskets and were shrieking with delight. Even Charlotte and Jack got into the excitement. When the eggs were all collected the little ones put down the baskets in exchange for shovels to dig holes in the yard, bubble wands for blowing bubbles, and various balls, clubs and bats.
It was a toy free for all. I was amazed at how well everyone got along- with 6 kids Three and Under it is always a crapshoot.
Just when you think your own family is nuts...Come on over to the Slutskys- we are Cashews!
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Gluten Free Menus for Restaurant Dining
- When you care enough to create the very best for M...
- Helene Slutsky's list of Don't Bothers and Sucky P...
- Helene Slutsky's list of Favorite Things
- Spring in Full Bloom
- Our March with Babies
- Our visit to The Ohio State University NICU
- Gluten Free Carrot Raisin Cakes
- I am speechless
- Blooms and Butterflies are Breathtaking
- Face in a Hole
- Why our Daddy should not color with our impression...
- Playgrounds, Picnics, Ponds and Proms
- The Whole Foods Dance Party
- One Step, Crock Pot, Gluten Free, Spicy BBQ Pork ...
- Rama Lama Ding Dong
- Rain Rain Go Away
- OY the Nat-i-tude
- For the love of Sunny Skies
- The Slutskys are Cashews
- Fabulous Fajita Fridays
- Gluten Free Noodle Kugel
- The Silly Slutsky Seder
- Passover Whine
- Free Coffee
- Sam Edelman is Sexy
- Birthday Bash and Bargains
- Sharing Sake and Sushi for Shabbat
- Gluten Free Blue Cornbread Muffins
- Tuition is $21,000 but you get FREE COFFEE
- Another Pasta Post
- My April Fools joke lasts all year
- ▼ April (33)
- ► 2008 (221)