Thursday, April 16, 2009

Rama Lama Ding Dong

There are HUGE generational differences between Jeff and Me. Namely, he was born in 1956 and I was born in 1968, and sometimes this is an issue. I rarely notice our 13 year age gap mainly because I am mature and responsible and Jeff still acts like a kid. If anything he appears and acts far younger than his 53 years. Aside from grey hair he barely has any signs of aging- except for his aches and pains.

I notice our age difference when it comes to music. Tonight I found him hosting a dance party with the kids. They were jamming (can you call it that?) to Ramma Lamma Ding Dong by The Edsels. Of course my husband was playing it from his I-Phone. His play list includes I gotta girl named Rama Lama Ding Dong. What is frightening is that the kids LOVE this song. Charlotte is dancing and singing right along with the rest of them.

I zoomed in on the hot pink nail polish stain on the carpet in the family room. It is one of our original works of art by Eli. He painted it. I moved the love seat to cover it up but when we have a dance party we clear space for all the movin and groovin and then it is right there in the center of the dance floor.

Do you think Jeff will be mad if I teach the kids to sing: I got a Dad who acts like a really big ding dong?

1 comment:

Laura said...

That was adorable! This video is a keeper!

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter