Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away

I spent most of the day (well, 3.5 hours of it) driving around town picking up items for the silent auction fundraiser at Temple Beth Chanel.It was a typical Columbus day-- grey, gloomy, raining, high of 45 degrees and BLECH. I would have just been content to crawl under the covers while the kids were napping but I have to rake in the loot. My incentive to stay on course is simple- Next year I will have 4 kids enrolled at the school and this fundraiser supports the scholarship fund. HELLO???? I would have to be an idiot to not work overtime on this one. So since I am mentioning it here, if anyone has a product or service they want to donate to the silent auction you can email me directly at akcmachine@aol.com for details and specific info. Nuff said.

To keep the kids from getting cabin fever from being inside for 3 days in a row, or going insane or worse yet making Argenida nutty, I schlepped the four kidlets out of house and into CHICK-FIL-A. While the rain poured down, Argenida went to her ESL class and the kids went wild in the play space. I never knew they played Christian music through the MUZAK at Chick-fil-a. The kids were way too busy to notice





This is an alternative to the familiar cages at McD and is a nice change of scenery for the little guys. They monkeyed around, ate dinner, monkeyed some more

and then had some ice cream. This is another one of my hair-brained field trips but let me tell you, getting their energy out in a sound-proof, gated, FUN place is my nirvana. I sit back, relax, drink a caffeinated beverage and come home with tired, over stimulated, ready to crash when their heads hit the pillow toddlers.

I will be on lather, rinse, repeat again tomorrow since the plans include scrounging up more hot commodities for the big old fundraiser and the forecast calls for more of the same miserable, cold, wet weather. I wonder if the Scottsdale dream home is still available?

No comments:

Blog Archive

The older crowd

The older crowd
Amanda and Mitchell

A blast from the past...makes it all so real now

counter