We joined thousands of walkers in the March of Dimes walk. This is the first year that I took all 4 kids by myself with only a single stroller. While there was a new found freedom of not lugging a choo choo wagon or pushing a quad stroller, there was the added chaos of herding Eli, CJ and Natalie to stay with me.
I was in my no fear mode. Thankfully the weather could not have been better, so the kids were soaking up the sun in their 75 SPF.
The kids wore the most appropriate tee shirts, given that I was going it solo, I think it was a great sympathy move on my part. Of course there were hundreds of custom made preemie and NICU baby shirts on other participants, but somehow, some way my 4 orange clad My Parents are Exhausted shirts got some serious compliments.
The pit stops were stocked with fresh apples and little cups of water so my children were more than thrilled to cop a squat on the curb, sit, eat, drink and watch the real walkers do their thing.
At one point Natalie said she loved watching all the people and the dogs in the parade. I guess when you are 3 and a half a charity walk and a parade look about the same. The girl says it like it is.
Again, this year was a glorious salute to the dedicated efforts of the MOD. I believe we are a walking billboard for the organization. Perhaps next year they will call it The March for Babies and the Ticker Tape Parade for Preemies?
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Gluten Free Menus for Restaurant Dining
- When you care enough to create the very best for M...
- Helene Slutsky's list of Don't Bothers and Sucky P...
- Helene Slutsky's list of Favorite Things
- Spring in Full Bloom
- Our March with Babies
- Our visit to The Ohio State University NICU
- Gluten Free Carrot Raisin Cakes
- I am speechless
- Blooms and Butterflies are Breathtaking
- Face in a Hole
- Why our Daddy should not color with our impression...
- Playgrounds, Picnics, Ponds and Proms
- The Whole Foods Dance Party
- One Step, Crock Pot, Gluten Free, Spicy BBQ Pork ...
- Rama Lama Ding Dong
- Rain Rain Go Away
- OY the Nat-i-tude
- For the love of Sunny Skies
- The Slutskys are Cashews
- Fabulous Fajita Fridays
- Gluten Free Noodle Kugel
- The Silly Slutsky Seder
- Passover Whine
- Free Coffee
- Sam Edelman is Sexy
- Birthday Bash and Bargains
- Sharing Sake and Sushi for Shabbat
- Gluten Free Blue Cornbread Muffins
- Tuition is $21,000 but you get FREE COFFEE
- Another Pasta Post
- My April Fools joke lasts all year
- ▼ April (33)
- ► 2008 (221)