This recipe replaces the traditional sweet noodle kugel, and it works for Passover and is Gluten Free, which is a BONUS! This is a great side dish or brunch buffet item, it freezes well and slices like a lasagna.
1/2 pound wide kosher for Passover egg noodles or Gluten Free Variety
1/2 stick butter, melted
1 pound cottage cheese
2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins
zest of an orange
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Boil the noodles in salted water for about 4 minutes. Strain noodles well. In a large mixing bowl,
combine remaining ingredients into a batter, fold in the raisins and add in the par-boiled noodles. Pour into a greased, baking dish.I use aluminum foil catering pans for bigger servings that freeze well. Sprinkle a little more cinnamon sugar on the top. Bake until custard is set and top is golden brown, about 30 to 45 minutes.Cool for 10 minutes before slicing, or cool completely and reheat before serving.Happy Friday, Happy Passover and Enjoy this tasty Gluten Free noodle kugel.
- ► 2011 (275)
- ► 2010 (313)
- Gluten Free Menus for Restaurant Dining
- When you care enough to create the very best for M...
- Helene Slutsky's list of Don't Bothers and Sucky P...
- Helene Slutsky's list of Favorite Things
- Spring in Full Bloom
- Our March with Babies
- Our visit to The Ohio State University NICU
- Gluten Free Carrot Raisin Cakes
- I am speechless
- Blooms and Butterflies are Breathtaking
- Face in a Hole
- Why our Daddy should not color with our impression...
- Playgrounds, Picnics, Ponds and Proms
- The Whole Foods Dance Party
- One Step, Crock Pot, Gluten Free, Spicy BBQ Pork ...
- Rama Lama Ding Dong
- Rain Rain Go Away
- OY the Nat-i-tude
- For the love of Sunny Skies
- The Slutskys are Cashews
- Fabulous Fajita Fridays
- Gluten Free Noodle Kugel
- The Silly Slutsky Seder
- Passover Whine
- Free Coffee
- Sam Edelman is Sexy
- Birthday Bash and Bargains
- Sharing Sake and Sushi for Shabbat
- Gluten Free Blue Cornbread Muffins
- Tuition is $21,000 but you get FREE COFFEE
- Another Pasta Post
- My April Fools joke lasts all year
- ▼ April (33)
- ► 2008 (221)